Sign in to follow this  
lin kata

Help

lin kata

Hi, guys!

I need some help here. I want to make a new post and I can't to add the photos to my post. I put them in picassa and put the link in to the post. In the end I got the error message : "Dynamic pages in tags are not allowed". What should I do?

Thank you!

mulder

Use Photobucket or one of the others and link to it.

greg_r
Hi, guys!

I need some help here. I want to make a new post and I can't to add the photos to my post. I put them in picassa and put the link in to the post. In the end I got the error message : "Dynamic pages in tags are not allowed". What should I do?

Thank you!

You need to link to an actual image - not the page on which the image is contained. You also cannot link to dynamically-hosted images (to be honest, hotlinking from other sites is generally not a great idea anyhow).

Your best bet is to upload the image concerned to a photo-hosting site and link to it from there. Take a look at this tutorial: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=4390

Akira

The link you want to quote has to end with .jpg :lol:

greg_r
The link you want to quote has to end with .jpg :lol:

:dingleberry-nemesis: or .jpeg, .gif or .png

lin kata
Hi, guys!

Thank you!

You need to link to an actual image - not the page on which the image is contained. You also cannot link to dynamically-hosted images (to be honest, hotlinking from other sites is generally not a great idea anyhow).

Your best bet is to upload the image concerned to a photo-hosting site and link to it from there. Take a look at this tutorial: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=4390

O.K.! I do so, but in the "Share this album" section I have only "Direct link" and "HTML link" options. There is not "Image code" option.

greg_r

All you need to do is to paste the full link to the actual image itself (maximum size 900 pix wide) between two img tags :lol:

Alternatively, click the 'insert image' button in the post dialog and past the image address in the resulting box

lin kata
All you need to do is to paste the full link to the actual image itself (maximum size 900 pix wide) between two img tags :lol:

Alternatively, click the 'insert image' button in the post dialog and past the image address in the resulting box

I can't believe what happens! In the end, after posting, as you said, with Photobuket , I have got this:

"You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to"

What should I do? I have a big problem to report in my post and actually I can't do it!

greg_r

:)

If you're getting that error message, you're posting the link incorrectly.

I suggest you spend some time in the testing subforum and work out what you're doing wrong - it ain't rocket science.

mulder

Heaps use photobucket dont they Greg? I use my own web address so I dont have these problems

greg_r
Heaps use photobucket dont they Greg? I use my own web address so I dont have these problems

Yep - the image posting tutorial was even based on photobucket. Dunno what the OP is doing wrong, but it's pretty straightforward.

lin kata

Yep - the image posting tutorial was even based on photobucket. Dunno what the OP is doing wrong, but it's pretty straightforward.

Thank you all, guys! I finally did it! :)

opus9

congrats..now post away...

oh and do a poll..that had me stuck for ages lol..but as usual the folks on here were very helpful...