Sign in to follow this  
pearsth

Yet another Noob

pearsth

Hello...greetings from the US.

I have been looking around the internet for about 2 days and stumbled upon this fine site. Glad I did, probably saved me a bad purchase on some sites I was looking at.

Anyhow...just going to do some research for a while then make a buy. I really like the Rolex Submariner and will probably end up with one of those sooner or later.

I do have a question. Anyone ever taken these watches for service locally? Do local jewelers freak out at the fact that they are Reps when the see them?

Tom

trailboss99

Welcome, it depends mate, a small "mom and pop" style place may well work on some reps but FFS don't take near an AD!

Nisv

Hi Pearsth, welcome :)

Sound advice from TB there, best to stay away from the AD:s :)

pearsth

What is an AD?

Also, anyone know if the only way to get a truly waterproof Rolex rep is to buy from BK? Anyone else offering this?

Thanks,

Tom

Luthier

AD = Autorized Dealer.

Truly waterproof Rolex... a little bit of grease, and you can do it yourself with ease. Crystals are well pressed at factories, in most cases.

BigBuys

Welcome to the lunatic fringe! Read a lot and buy with much study and you will be fine!

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

DeLaForce

Lots to read, read you must... Welcome!

robznet

Welcome mate, nothing to add to the above - read as much as you can on here, you won't go far wrong!

myaz

Warm welcome aboard. Be sure to read the several "stickies" or topics for new members under the new member and introductions section of the forum.

It answers your initial question and the next several that you will have. There's even a topic on abbreviations.