Sign in to follow this  
submariner_boy

What do you guys think about this Yacht-master?

submariner_boy

Hey guys, first off, I'm really digging the new forum layout! Awesome, much?

Anyways, I'm quite surprised to find that the gen Yachtmaster I is actually as expensive as a Submariner,

given that its Platinum and Steel! SO I'm actually tempted to wear one now without feeling like I'm promoting class-warfare.

I am considering getting one from a trusted dealer from RWI, here it is, how does it rate guys?: http://puretimewatch.com/product/yacht-master-ss-rolesium-with-rehaut-engraving/

rld14

The Yacht Master is more expensive than a SS Date Sub when new, the difference is that when they are used the Yacht Master doesn't hold its' value as well as a Sub. Used YM1s are available, realistically, for around $6k and up, retail new is around $11k, and I have seen NIB ones for $9-10k.

MSRP on a new Submariner is around $6500 or so, and good luck finding a nice used one for much under $5k.

Suppy vs Demand.. the Yacht Master isn't as cool as it was a few years ago.

submariner_boy

How does it compare to the gen?

powderfreak

Not many have a really good dial, the crystal sits too high, cg's could be a bit off, rehaut too wokky, etc... but hey, I still love it. How owns/wears a gen YM anyways and will compare his to yours?

rld14

No idea on the YM, from what I have read, BK had a VERY good rep that is no longer available. I have owned gen Subs and saw a BK rep, it absolutely fooled me, assuming the one that I have coming is as good, it is almost impossible to tell from a genuine. Suggest you get a rep of an older one tho.. I have yet to see rehaut engraving on a rep that looks like that on a Genuine Rolex.

NFleischer

Isn't he a drop shipper ? I'd spend the extra $20 and get one from Robert http://www.replica-w...showtopic=21638

Josh/Andrew have other people sending out the watches (after you get QC pix). Luthier has been on a crusade against them

for this practice, why I'm not sure. I don't care who sends my watch frankly. Perhaps Roberts YM is abit better dial wise, both have clone mov't and flaws.

I'm not crazy about the cyclops on Roberts. Not to criticise him (I buy from him also) but he doesn't always send QC pix. Get the one you like- you'll be ok.