Sign in to follow this  
dave47

"Vintage" Rolex DJ

dave47

For Friday and into Saturday morning, my "vintage" Rolex DJ -- or so it was described as such. I honestly don't know why it would be a "vintage" DJ; to me, it looks possibly like an old Turn-o-Graph with a fixed bezel. Can anyone describe for me why this would be considered a "vintage" and enlighten me? Anyway, it's a light, comfortable, attractive, and fairly accurate watch. dave:

NOTE: I clicked on the wrist-check link and thought I was posting there. I DON'T KNOW how this ended up in "General Discussion" instead of wrist-check. Quite honestly, I DON'T LIKE this new format and system! I have a devil of a time trying to post pics in my post -- and now THIS.

VintageDJ001.jpg

VintageDJ002.jpg

VintageDJ004.jpg

Edited by dave47

NFleischer

It does look like a TOG bezel. Seems like some type of fantasy watch, doesn't seem very accurate to me.

Honestly I'm not an expert on every DJ variation for 50 years.

opus9

W.T.F ? :o

Member X

As above, I'm not sure it's a replica of an out-the-factory gen but it doesn't really matter if you like it, there have been all manner of custom rollies so what's to say it's not one of those! :)

dave47

Thanks to all for making a serious effort to offer me some perspective. Much appreciated!

dave