Sign in to follow this  
Gazillionaire

Uboat Strap screws won't tighten,stripped?

Gazillionaire

Hey guys purchased a 50mm Uboat the other week. It was a present for my father, anyway strap came off from case today on one side. I've took the strap off completely now and tried the screw, it just won't tighten just turns and turns, I'm guessing it's stripped. Problem is have just checked the other one and whereas that was tight when undone now it just turns like the other one, so I have two loose strap screws :( Will it need taking to a Watch repair shop or will 2 new screws suffice and if the latter where can I get them? Father is none too impressed! So just wanna get it sorted quick, maybe there is a way I can fix these screws?

Cheers any help is much appreciated :thumbsup:

Luthier

Superglue 'em, and when you'll need 'em off - just heat it with soldering iron, light touch will loosen the glue.

10:10 Watch Repair

Nice one Luthier. Didn't know about the heat, but that makes sense.

Usually the screws go before the lugs, so new screws will probably work. You need to look at them under magnification to make sure.

Gazillionaire

Cheers guys, will probably do the superglue trick until I find some others knocking about, its only a $99 one anyway.

myaz

Will it need taking to a Watch repair shop or will 2 new screws suffice and if the latter where can I get them?

RWG shop has assorted screw packages. I have also gotten screws from optical shops at no charge.

Member X

Loctite Blue (or whatever it's called) can be good to hold dodgy threads in place, but if it's completely stripped then you might be best to source some springbars!

subiim

Hi mate, I have a couple of u-boat screws for sale in the sales section. They are currently connecting a watch head to a band. Cost is $149 USD. If you buy them I will throw in both the band and the head ;)

All the best

gr1ffo

Gazillionaire
Hi mate, I have a couple of u-boat screws for sale in the sales section. They are currently connecting a watch head to a band. Cost is $149 USD. If you buy them I will throw in both the band and the head ;)

All the best

gr1ffo

Lol thanks Gr1ffo you're all heart!! GLWS I'll stick with some superglue and sourcing just the screws/springbars for now though lol :)

subiim

Haha

Gazillionaire

Can I use springbars of the right size instead then and will they fit and be secure, oh and where can I get them, would like them quick so I can restrap this for my father, really don't want to superglue the screws. Lemme know People :)

Gazillionaire

Bump

10:10 Watch Repair

panatime.com

Gazillionaire

Thanks Cls will have a look :)

johnwatt

Hi all I am new to this forum

I have a 50 mm Black UBoat and I need some spring pin retaining screws? Anyone know where I can get them Black, but any really will do??

John