Sign in to follow this  
Del

What about this strap for my PAM 176M? (Ordered - post #22)

Del

So, here's my PAM 176M on a fairly decent rep brown croc strap - very close to the gen in design, if not in quality.

pb047600v2.jpg

However, the rep strap is a bit "firm" and so I've been looking to see what else I can get that is still like the gen strap in design but will be more comfortable to wear and will look more like real alligator.

I've already considered one of my favourite after-market brands, Meyhofer, but their "Cartagena" croc-pattern strap has box stitching at the lugs - I need open stitching. (I already have a black one of these on my 213I (see today's wrist-check thread) and it's excellent quality).

I've also looked at BOB straps and some more expensive "leather with croc pattern" straps but nothing seems to fit the bill in design as well as the current rep strap that I already have.

And then I started looking at genuine alligator straps.... :facepalm:

I would like your opinions on the following strap that I found on eBay from one of my favourite Sellers. It's not cheap though. In fact, it's bloody expensive! :lol: Price? $160. :thud:

So, is this too expensive for a non-OEM alligator strap? (I even looked at some OEM Panerai straps but for alligator you are well past $300......

And do you think it would make that much difference to the look and feel of the 176M?

Help please! :thumbsup2:

brownalligator1.jpg

brownalligator2.jpg

Amit

ooohhh, that is quite dear.

Does look good though

RS9

I actually prefer the bigger grain on the strap you've mounted currently. I'm not a fan of small scales but that's just me, I'm sure it will be uber-comfy anyhow.

Why not ask Donerix if he can whip up a nice croc strap within your budget?

Chiquita Fanjita

We gonna start calling you Crocodile Dundee :lol:

That does look good, but personnally if it was me I'd live with the current strap unless it is really annoying you. The eBay one at about £100 is pretty expensive but if you really like it then go for it :)

greg_r

$160 isn't ridiculous for gen gator (although I have to confess that I would personally not spend that kinda dough on a strap).

If you want something cheaper, Hadley Roma do some pretty decent gator-print straps in the configuration you're after (as well as some much more expensive genuine gator straps). Panatime used to list them, but last time I looked they were out of stock. Might be worth having a hunt around.

Del

Thanks for the feedback guys! :thumbsup2:

I'm going to check out some other options - £100 is rather expensive for a strap that I can't actually see in person before buying (or at least talk to someone else that has one).

I'll check out Hadley Roma too! :)

Chiquita Fanjita

Did you not tell me yesterday you are trying not to buy anymore just now mate? Was that just relating to watches? It excluded straps :lol:

Del

Did you not tell me yesterday you are trying not to buy anymore just now mate? Was that just relating to watches? It excluded straps :lol:

Yes and yes. :facepalm:;)

I'm kinda digging this one:

http://www.strapcode...44mm-p-821.html

Thanks mate - looks good, although I want a tang buckle version. :)

jeffw69

I personally like the first one $160, FTW, you only live once, and your baby needs a nice pair of shoes :)

Del

I personally like the first one $160, FTW, you only live once, and your baby needs a nice pair of shoes :)

Thanks. :)

I would have a look at Watchbandcenter, they always has great straps. Maybe you will see a diffrent kind and change your mind :D

http://www.watch-ban...&hkat=1&skat=37

Thanks mate but I've looked at every 24mm Panerai strap on that site but they don't have what I want. :rolleyes:

Crusader

So you really have an image on how the strap should look :D

What about Sectime? Also trusted here on RWG and also has great variety of straps, probably you bought from them before :)

http://www.sectime.co.uk/24mm-c-4.html

Baldrick

Don't know if this will help you visualise Del, but thought I'd post anyway :D

328PANERAI111TITANIUM10.jpg

328PANERAI111TITANIUM8.jpg

Del

So you really have an image on how the strap should look :D

What about Sectime? Also trusted here on RWG and also has great variety of straps, probably you bought from them before :)

http://www.sectime.co.uk/24mm-c-4.html

Thanks mate .Yes, I've checked them out but they are more at the lower end of the market. ;)

Don't know if this will help you visualise Del, but thought I'd post anyway :D

Cheers mate! Great pics and strap. Now I want a gen alligator even more now.... :facepalm:

midasmook

Have you had a look at Ray straps.

Might be a bit more than you want to pay but there is plenty of choice.

http://www.paneray.com/paneray/unique_24.html

Del

Have you had a look at Ray straps.

Might be a bit more than you want to pay but there is plenty of choice.

http://www.paneray.c.../unique_24.html

Cheers mate. Some lovely straps there! :thumbsup2:

ReplicaFromDownunder

You know panerai charge i think about $1400 for a leather croc strap. So $160 is ok! I am sure the quality would be good and it would be long lasting. Goodluck with your decision. I would like to know which one you go with. Looks awesome btw !

Del

Thanks kol - those are very nice also. :thumbsup2:

My head hurts now...... :D

Del

Ok folks. I decided that I wasn't spending a fortune on a genuine alligator strap so I just bought this one from Timeshop Republic on eBay. If it's as good as a previous one I bought from them then it's an absolute steal.

It ticks all the boxes - brown "croc", open stitching (even has the little cross stitching thing at the lug ends kind of like the gen strap - bonus!), comes with s/s tubes and cost me circa £18 with free shipping. :clap:

I'll post pics when it arrives from the good-ole US of A! :D

browncroc1.jpg

browncroc2.jpg

RS9

18 quid? That's a steal if you ask me.

How was your previous strap from them?

gtwc

All you need now is a watch from Primark to go with it..............

Thought you had more class Del, like putting retreads on a Ferrari........... :thumbdown:

Nisv

Thought you had more class Del, like putting retreads on a Ferrari........... :thumbdown:

..........to each his own?