Sign in to follow this  
Dssd

gmt 2 bezel grind

Dssd

hi can some please help the bezel on my gmt 2c grinds, how can i cure this

i heard something about silicone grease, i have silicone spray but i think its for car engine plastic parts would this work

please help

thanks

paul

robznet

Hi Paul, silicone grease is fine but you may have to pop the bezel to apply it - not easy, so I would say a spray would be ok (in moderation). Of course - something could be broken (like the click spring) which would cause a grinding noise if it's trapped under the bezel. Be careful and hopefully it's just a little stiff! :thumbsup2:

10:10 Watch Repair

You might find there'a a machining problem if the bezel is grinding which would be tough to fix and silicone won't solve. The bezel is in contact with the case and those surfaces need to mate well for a smooth rotation. I don't know exactly what you mean by grinding though. BTW, the spring in the GMT IIC rep is a ring with three pins which fit into three notches in the bezel.

Dssd

Hi thanks for your comments, the bezel turns around but is stiff and feels almost gritty, I had a gmt 2 from Mary before this one which was a lot smoother

10:10 Watch Repair

Maybe there is something trapped between the bezel and the case, but my guess would be it's a problem with the parts themselves. When that's happened, I have not been able to improve it much with lubrication.