Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

New week wristies w/c 7th September

AllergyDoc
I forget where I read it but a post on one of the forums suggested using Rock 'n' Roll cycle chain lube on bracelets. It so happens I've been using that on my mountain bike for a couple of years but hadn't thought about using it on a watch. Tried it out last night and the results are excellent, so the Sub now feels that much more gen with its silky smooth bracelet.

P4GTR started that thread, and I've used it on all three of my Rolex diving watches. It really does work, and it's so easy (good for us lazy guys).

Is the bracelet on that watch really light? I had one of his "vintage" GMTs and the bracelet weighed about an ounce.

greg_r
111_bclt.JPG

KinCaidk
I'm still on my cheapie vintage Sub from Lawrence. I've never really got on with the Rolex cyclops which is why I prefer the SD, but that being a thicker case and glass it wears bigger on the wrist. Now that my vintage Sub is sans-cyclops but still Sub-slim, it's fast becoming one of my favourite watches.

I forget where I read it but a post on one of the forums suggested using Rock 'n' Roll cycle chain lube on bracelets. It so happens I've been using that on my mountain bike for a couple of years but hadn't thought about using it on a watch. Tried it out last night and the results are excellent, so the Sub now feels that much more gen with its silky smooth bracelet.

I got so excited I took some more photos to show off my beautifully scratched glass and bezel :unsure:

VintageSub03.jpg

You can get a Clarks 127 crystal at ebay for 5 bucks.

I got one for my cheapie from Silix, and the result was great!

spboudart

Felt like wearing some black and RG today, as some other member!

DSC03070.jpg

phaedo
Wow, that's some modding skills :unsure:

I'll be impressed with myself if I can actually just get a movement out of a case... lol

Crowbar should work. As for getting it back in though...

midasmook

California Dial with Tootall strap.

californiadial.jpg

greg_r

I'll be impressed with myself if I can actually just get a movement out of a case... lol

From the photos, a crowbar seems to be what the previous owner of the watch used....

KinCaidk? :thumbsup:

AustinTech

PO for me today.

IMG_1852.jpg

KinCaidk

From the photos, a crowbar seems to be what the previous owner of the watch used....

KinCaidk? :thumbsup:

Wearing the funny cap today, are we? :)

Member X
dscf1608.jpg

greg_r
Wow, that's some modding skills :D

KinCaidk? :D

Wearing the funny cap today, are we? :gunbandana:

LOL sorry, couldn't resist :)

Harley357

PAM 212 today

PAM212-9809.jpg

Massimo

P4GTR started that thread, and I've used it on all three of my Rolex diving watches. It really does work, and it's so easy (good for us lazy guys).

Is the bracelet on that watch really light? I had one of his "vintage" GMTs and the bracelet weighed about an ounce.

Yes, it is pretty light, but comfortable. The difference after the Rock 'n' Roll treatment is amazing though, it seems to have gone from "cheap" to "quality" in how it feels.

You can get a Clarks 127 crystal at ebay for 5 bucks.

I got one for my cheapie from Silix, and the result was great!

That really is cheap as chips, I'll keep it in mind in case I get courageous enough to try fitting a new crystal. I'm sticking with easy/lazy modding for now though!

Still wearing it...

greg_r

By far my favourite cheapie PAM...

233_120809.jpg

KinCaidk

Surprise surprise Greg :)

greg_r

cheeky sod - I've had one PAM-less day this week, you surely don't expect me to have another so soon? :)

KinCaidk

I expect nothing but PAMishness from you Sir.

:)

greg_r

Which is as it should be.

When deciding what watch one should wear (or buy, for that matter) one should first ask: "Is it a Panerai?" If you can answer "yes" to that question then you're good to go... :)

KinCaidk
Which is as it should be.

When deciding what watch one should wear (or buy, for that matter) one should first ask: "Is it a big chunk of scrap metal?" If you can answer "yes" to that question then you're good to go... :)

greg_r

I thought scrap metal was your department, Kinky. I know, I know, they arrive as watches... :)

KinCaidk
I thought scrap metal was your department, Kinky. I know, I know, they arrive as watches... :)

And end up as art :D:irish_dance:

greg_r

And end up as a sandwich bag full of miscellaneous non-functioning and generally broken watch parts... :D:irish_dance:

Fixed, Mr. Watchbreaking Wizard :irish_dance:

KinCaidk

I can't think of a clever comeback to this.

So I turn to violence instead

sumo-kid.jpg

greg_r
:):rofl::D:rofl::irish_dance::rofl:

midasmook

Vac. built Marina Militare on a Gunny Caitlin strap for today.....

marinamilitareg.jpg