Sign in to follow this  
Del

PAM186 Arktos GMT - pics!

Del

I snapped up one of Tony's (asian7750.com) "crazy sale" PAM186s for $99 - it arrived yesterday. I kind of expected a fairly average PAM, even although it had a 7750 movement - I was wrong, it's a cracker! :D

When I opened the package the watch was not running but, just like the wife, a good slap got it going! :lol: Then I realised how nice it was - very well finished, lovely brushed bezel and case, clear (or no) AR, immaculate dial and lovely caseback (even although it is apparently the wrong one :dunno:). And the lume is surprisingly good - I almost thought it was superlume at first but although it's even and responsive, I suspect longevity might be lacking. All in all, it's a full-on, high quality PAM that should sell for over $200!

It came on a very nice rubber strap and deployant but I took that off immediately and put on a spare 24/24mm strap that I had lying around (freebie from Silverspeed!) with brushed buckle BUT this is temprorary because I have a custom strap on route from Snpr9696 over at RWI! ;)

So, enough rambling - just enjoy the pics! :thumbsup2:

pc107809v2.jpg

pc107811v2.jpg

pc107815v2.jpg

pc107816v2.jpg

pc107818v2.jpg

pc107820v2.jpg

pc107827v2.jpg

pc107823v2.jpg

pc107805v2.jpg

pc107807v2.jpg

NCRich

Beautiful, can't wait for mine to get here.

Gazillionaire

Great isn't it Del! I have mine on right now, I to didn't know what to expect and it's definitely quality wise a $200+ rep. Congratz and very nice Photos, but where is your review for the Pen? Lol I wasn't impressed with the Pen but it works and is thrown in free so a bonus anyway.

Crusader

What a nice watch, really one of my favourites. I love the thick bezel, surely a watch to consider.

And great thing about this watch, you can make profit on it when selling it since you got it so cheap :D

Del

Thanks guys!

As for the pen, well, it's in my desk drawer at work and will be what you might call a "daily beater" :lol:

amuthon

Great pics as usual Del,

nice watch for an insane price.

Ordered one too, hope to receive it before christmas....

thx for sharing

seclark007

I need to check out this site....quite the deal!

fragzzone

Very nice, mine is on the way.... the pen is not much quality?

Del

Thanks again guys. :)

The pen? Well, it's ok but I'd never actually buy one! Much better with Narikaa's Mont Blanc pens he recently listed. ;)

Del

And great thing about this watch, you can make profit on it when selling it since you got it so cheap :D

:lol: No, I wouldn't do that. If I ever sell it I'd also make it cheap. ;)

kolchak

awesome! This thread just pushed me over the edge.....hope that sale is still going on.....

digger2

I ordered one Thursday morning and just after that the deal was gone from the webpage.

kolchak

I ordered one Thursday morning and just after that the deal was gone from the webpage.

yup, it's gone. probably for the best.

Del

awesome! This thread just pushed me over the edge.....hope that sale is still going on.....

Thanks mate. Sorry you missed the deal though.

Well done mate, sounds like you just made it!

markeym3

That is just so good Del. great photos as usual too

Del

Thanks markey! :thumbsup2:

DeLaForce

Cool , makes me look forward to mine!

Del

Cool , makes me look forward to mine!

You won't be disappointed! ;)

BigBuys

I snapped up one of Tony's (asian7750.com) "crazy sale" PAM186s for $99 - it arrived yesterday. I kind of expected a fairly average PAM, even although it had a 7750 movement - I was wrong, it's a cracker! :D

When I opened the package the watch was not running but, just like the wife, a good slap got it going! :lol: Then I realised how nice it was - very well finished, lovely brushed bezel and case, clear (or no) AR, immaculate dial and lovely caseback (even although it is apparently the wrong one :dunno:). And the lume is surprisingly good - I almost thought it was superlume at first but although it's even and responsive, I suspect longevity might be lacking. All in all, it's a full-on, high quality PAM that should sell for over $200!

I agree that it is a whale of a deal but my CG lever flops around. Got to be a simple fix and also the CG does not quite fit the case like H factory. No complaints for this price though. Just need to source a new CG or rework this one.

paulro

Hi Del, I ordered too and it arrived last week-brilliant. Post some pics with the new strap when you get it. Well done.

Del

I agree that it is a whale of a deal but my CG lever flops around. Got to be a simple fix and also the CG does not quite fit the case like H factory. No complaints for this price though. Just need to source a new CG or rework this one.

That's a pity about your CG lever - mine is not super-tight but it certainly doesn't fall open.

Hi Del, I ordered too and it arrived last week-brilliant. Post some pics with the new strap when you get it. Well done.

Don't worry, I will - the strap is a beauty! :thumbsup2:

dingle

superb pics! :D

Del
superb pics! :D

Cheers DB! Nice to see you around. :thumbsup2:

NFleischer

Looks really nice Del, I'm waiting for mine now almost 3 weeks.

I wish the dealers would have more crazy sales- Tony sold alot of these. Just shows you how much mark up there is even @ $200

Del

Thanks NF! :thumbsup2:

Hope your's arrives soon mate - you'll love it! I still can't believe I only paid $99. :dingleberry-nemesis: