Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Xbox or Ps3

Pob

What should i go for?

Decided to buy something to play games on and that my kids can use when they be little bigger but not sure what to buy! I red a lot and looks like both xbox and ps3 are good but i would like to know what you guys think!

You are my family after all ;)

onionbag

PS3..that's it no more discussion required. ;)

Gazillionaire

High End PC, but just read the entire post and not just the title lol. It depends on how old your kids are really, and what sort of games they will like, plus there is the movement gadget for the xbox where they can dance and do all manner of things in thin air! Be aware though that new consoles will be coming out in the near future, both Xbox and PS3 are quite old now tech wise(internally anyway). But then again the consoles are pretty cheap now, I would say xbox with the kinetic movement gadget thang and games that use that as by the sounds if it your kids are quite young yes?

Buds

Xbox if you want it for games, PS3 if you need a bluray player as well.

Most games released just now on both platforms actually perform better on the Xbox (more consistent frame rate).

Of course depending on the age of the kids (I.e how long till they are playing?), hang fire for the new consoles which are rumoured to be being announced next year.

opus9

PS3.no contenders...has upgrade facility for 3d bluray...and Sony is ploughing millions into 3d interactive gaming

if your over 40 like me...wii..old geezers don't have 14 fingers...

Corv99

PS3..that's it no more discussion required. ;)

+1

mark thread closed B)

thanks

Pob

Just what i tought there is fight over what console is better! I somehow want Ps3 more because of the media things that you can do with it but looks like xbox is much better when it comes to playing games! And yes im almost 40 and wii is not for me, i don't want to injur myself wille playing lol :D

Corv99

Just what i tought there is fight over what console is better! I somehow want Ps3 more because of the media things that you can do with it but looks like xbox is much better when it comes to playing games! And yes im almost 40 and wii is not for me, i don't want to injur myself wille playing lol :D

yes its personal preference, I have had PS systems since the off, use it as a media player etc and had no real problems with it over the years.

plus its nice, black and shiny

Pob

I also had Ps1 and Ps2 back in Croatia and love them! But l had no time for games last few years and i would like to start again now that my kids are little bigger ( 3 and soon 5 ), my oldest that is 10 yo can play with me!

I also had the first xbox and that was game console only so i guess it is still like that or did they changed something with the 360 model!

mulder

Once upon a time I would have said Xbox but my son has a PS3 and I play it all the time plus you can play online for free where as microsoft charge you for it.

PS3 all the way.

mondeov6

I have the 360 but do also want a PS3! But then... I would probably want a 360 if I had a PS3! :P

I really like racing games and playing Forza 4 online is a LOT of fun!!.......and NO!!!!!....I am not

to old for it!! :D

Distinct

Get the PS3 and use it as a single machine for all your media, especially the bluray DVD.

onionbag

I have both and the PS3 wins hands down, free online content( which is crap, but if you have young kids their critical faculties may not be fully developed and may not discern this), nvidia graphics engine and blu-ray player.

The xbox has a couple of things in it's favour, great online (paid) content and...................HALO!!!! :D

Corv99

I also had Ps1 and Ps2 back in Croatia and love them! But l had no time for games last few years and i would like to start again now that my kids are little bigger ( 3 and soon 5 ), my oldest that is 10 yo can play with me!

I also had the first xbox and that was game console only so i guess it is still like that or did they changed something with the 360 model!

yes use your kids as an excuse to get one, good call, then before you know where you are, you have a copy of black Ops and will be online until 4am on it like the rest of us!!

Tempus

Neither...Get a life!...or an interesting hobby like watch collecting.......

Baldrick

Get a PC, there's a really good game called Desert Strike, you get to be in charge of a chopper and go looking for Iraqi ammo dumps and APCs, great fun :D

jeffw69

My kids have both and they use the PS3 more.

I like the media capabilities of the PS3 as well.

XBOX has been collecting dust.

Pob

Thanks guys i think i will go Ps3 ;)

solkryssare

I have a xbox which I never use. Like look of the slim Sony better and that move kit looks pretty cool as well. Sony vote here.

DeLaForce

Ps3

Goldeneye

Pob
I have a xbox which I never use. Like look of the slim Sony better and that move kit looks pretty cool as well. Sony vote here.

Than we can play when you visite me ;)

solkryssare

Sure thing bud!

LHOOQ

Get a PC, there's a really good game called Desert Strike, you get to be in charge of a chopper and go looking for Iraqi ammo dumps and APCs, great fun :D

Bah... Nothing but a Raid on Bungeling Bay ripoff! :)

As for the OP, I think it should be about the exclusive games:

-Do you prefer Forza Motorsports or Gran Turismo?

-Gears of War or Uncharted?

-Halo or Killzone?

I bought a PS3 a few months ago, because I didn't have a Blu-Ray player, and I wanted to play GT5, God of War 3, and the Uncharted series. Also, the price was right. I'm very happy with it, though I've been spending more time on Red Dead Redemption than I have watching that small pile of Blu-Rays I bought in the first couple of weeks. Who really needs to see blinking ewoks in HD, anyway?

JohnG
Who really needs to see blinking ewoks in HD, anyway?

:suicide:

Luthier

Buy Hublot, Pob.