Sign in to follow this  
KBH

US Customs snooping around!

KBH

Anybody else get this kind of tape on a Rolex rep and have it passed through? I think it's rather nice of them

DSCN3573.jpg

spboudart

Never happened to me!

But I'd say: you're a lucky guy!

Member X

Lucky bastard! lol

That'll probably happen to my WM9 but I'll lose it...

trailboss99

Seen a few on RWI. With the exception of TX I have hardly heard of USC nabing one or two reps. Probley more interested making sure you wern't passing off a gen as a rep!

Col.

greg_r

Yup - it's happened to me a couple of times (UK, of course). So long as it's not drugs, UK customs don't actually seem to care. Hell, I know at least one senior customs official who collects reps... :)

trailboss99
Yup - it's happened to me a couple of times (UK, of course). So long as it's not drugs, UK customs don't actually seem to care. Hell, I know at least one senior customs official who collects reps... :)

Define the method of collecting! :D

I'm sure there are many customs folk who "collect" a lot of stuff!

Col.

greg_r

Define the method of collecting! :D

I'm sure there are many customs folk who "collect" a lot of stuff!

Col.

This one buys :irish_dance:

Luthier

Every of my reps arrived by EMS had this tape. Never happened if airmail. Once my Chopard was held by Custom for 2 months, then I got it.

onzenuub

I told them to send it through. ;)

prestigewatchco

This is when not hiding it in a toy pays off if they scan they see only a watch so chances are they look no further.

Strange things happening at DFW in the last months maybe 3-4 parcels have arrived there due to re routing whatever, as usual they have been seized.

Now 2 of these to 2 separate customers have been Panerai 127 fiddy's both have been released by DFW customs with a tax bill to pay to to the postman usually around $150 neither of the 2 customers have actually been asked for the money by the postman and have received the watch as normal albeit maybe 2 weeks late due to customs

Andei3000

What is the purpose of hiding watches in toys, as they are mostly x-rayed at customs?

Are all customs agents blind?

greg_r
This is when not hiding it in a toy pays off if they scan they see only a watch so chances are they look no further.

Strange things happening at DFW in the last months maybe 3-4 parcels have arrived there due to re routing whatever, as usual they have been seized.

Now 2 of these to 2 separate customers have been Panerai 127 fiddy's both have been released by DFW customs with a tax bill to pay to to the postman usually around $150 neither of the 2 customers have actually been asked for the money by the postman and have received the watch as normal albeit maybe 2 weeks late due to customs

That IS odd (and lucky for the buyers!).

trailboss99

It's stupid Andi. Not only does it not work it also leaves you open to smuggling charges since it's hidden. When they find it the first thing they asume is it's a gen as well.

The only place it seems to be of any use is Italy.

Col.

Andei3000

Funny thing is, Andrew sends them in a Toy to Austria too and apparently it works...

AllergyDoc

I've never seen the green tape. The last watch that arrived with a tax bill, the postman either missed or ignored it. And it was for $150, which is ridiculous.

KBH
Every of my reps arrived by EMS had this tape. Never happened if airmail. Once my Chopard was held by Custom for 2 months, then I got it.

It's a first for me and I've had at least 25 reps come via EMS, Usually in boxes though. Robert's about the only one that I've dealt with that ships in envelopes. The last one from Robert before this one the cardboard envelope was open on one end and I could reach in and pull out the watch without having to open the package. I'm surprised it didn't get swiped.

Luckily they've all made it through.

AllergyDoc

Lawrence and Silix ship in envelopes. Always scares me.

So does Sead, come to think of it.

RolexAddict

Never had problems here with EMS and watches,

A few years ago, I ordered from Neumrich Gun Parts Corp. located in New York state parts for Colt auto. It was 2 barrels, a slide and little parts like screws and springs.

I used to order from them since a long time without any problem. But the laws changed in NY state, so barrels, slides, frames etc. needed a import/export licence for weapons material... They declared my stuff and I got a call early in the morning, it was like this :

"Morning Sir, French Customs at Charles De Gaulle airport UPS services, you are waiting for a parcel coming from the USA, right ? :ninja: "

"Yes, and ??? :blink:;) "

They had the dealer export declaration, and on the list in english, it was clearely written -gun parts- but a french custom officer doesn't know what means a barrel or a slide with front cocking serrations... or a muzzle break

"Can you explain what is inside the parcel ??? ;) "

I said it was small screws and springs to fix old antique flints and curios.... they was suspecting something and were really wild with me, then, I tryed something, I said "You don't believe me ? o.k, open the parcel and check yourself !"

"We will do Sir, if there is a problem we call you back, if not you will get your stuff delivered tomorow morning"

I didn't sleep well...

The next day at 9.00, ding dong ! it was UPS with my parcel...

In fact they opened it, fortunatly they had just a quick overwiew, then they released from customs. A watch is a watch. They can read Rolex, Cartier... but they don't know guns, that was good for me. These folks carry guns but they have no knowledge about componants

Now, I stop to order from USA guns stuff, I bring with me when I go there.

Edited by RolexAddict

Member X

I love the art of the blag lol

Luthier

Yeah, it's amazing.

I recieved watches from Lawrence in envelopes - no problem. I recieved watches from China with clearly written word "WATCH" on green label, no problem. Custom almost always placed their green tape, and... no problems too.

Amazing.

KBH

What's "the art of the blag"? dun understand

Also RA: Your avatar is very disturbing! Who the hell is that?

AllergyDoc

Tell him to change it. My wife saw me reading his post and had the same reaction.

Those French...

iabounty

When I first saw the title of this topic I thought it was JohnG's US Customs alternate personality. Then I noticed the General Discussion badge and started reading.

Remember the old place when people were getting watches shipped to them in pig radios??? I think it was Josh that was doing it and when I got my Breitling SOSF from him I was crushed that it came in a foam box instead of hidden inside a pig radio.. ;)

I did ship a watch back to Lawrence for a refund because of a problem and when I filled out the customs label I wrote "Broken watch" He got it, I got my refund, customs could care less and who in Hell would want to steal a broken watch anyway......

Maybe all the dealers should ship our watches to us with "Broken watch" on the customs tag.... ;)

AllergyDoc

I got a watches shipped in a kitty radio, a cheap speaker, and a fake emergency light case.

The cheap kitty radio was the first. I thought for sure we had been ripped off.

RolexAddict

I cannot remember the name of this guy, he is a crazy humorist/singer, I like this pic

Tell him to change it. My wife saw me reading his post and had the same reaction.

Those French...

:clap: