Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bimmer

Are all Deep Sea Dwellers as bad as this?

Mr Bimmer

I have just received this DSSD from one of the trusted sellers.

This is the 'QC' picture of my actual watch that I would receive. Looks great

11.jpg

I opened the box and this is what I actually received.

IMG_0657Large.jpg

This is only an iphone picture but look at how far off centre the pearl is on the triangle. The clasp is also misaligned with rough edges.

Now I do realise that reps aren't as good as the real thing, but this off centred pearl caught my eye instantly. I will be too embarrassed to wear it.

I haven't bothered looking too closely at the rest of the watch because I'm so disappointed. When I informed the seller, he just said all reps are like that.and he wouldn't be sending me a better dial.

Come on chaps. Has anyone got a DSSD as bad as this one, and do both pictures look like the same watch?

Amit

This does ocassionaly happen where the pearl is off centre in the triangle.

Not seen it very often at all on the DSSD, more a problem with the ceramic subs.

trailboss99

Please tell me via PM who this came from, I need to know.

Amit
:popcorn:

Gazillionaire

:massivebagofpopcornandcoke:

I got my Dssd Ultimate off Robert and it really is Beautiful no problems at all, was over the moon with it.

The pearl on yours is definitely in a different position from the QC photos and it is obvious you are not happy with the watch you have received. Hopefully this can be resolved, and to be honest the TD's attitude in this case is wrong, I'm sure Col. Is on the case as long as you Pm'd him!

jeffw69

With my eyes, it looks like they are 2 different watches.

Which would suck, because I thought the watch dealers show in QC pics is the one that we get :(

Amit

Sometime with pearl position it all comes to angle of the shot taken.

Even if off by a little one way or the other it exaggerates the position, or can also make it look better.

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad reason to want to return a watch, hopefully we will find out once more info becomes available.

I'm more interested to see which dealer this actually comes from...hmmm

Gazillionaire

Get the women and children inside and light the torches!! :)

Amit

Get the women and children inside and light the torches!! :)

I love your avatar!! she seems swell.

Garry

NUKED - I was talking bollocks.

Amit

can you post some more QC pics....

KeNnY

It is easy to put in correct position :) but the QC pics are the same as photo, because also on QC pic you can see that the pearl is not in centre, what can happen with noobfactory watches.

watch.aholic

Ok...I am going against the grain here, but to my eyes, the pearl position in the QC and the actual watch received, is the same....I think if the OP were to place the watch in an identical position as in the QC, he'd probably start feeling it too.....It's clearly visible that the pearl in the QC pic is on the right too....Just look at the white area *part of the triangle* below and above the pearl....the part below the pearl is bigger.

KeNnY

Ok...I am going against the grain here, but to my eyes, the pearl position in the QC and the actual watch received, is the same....I think if the OP were to place the watch in an identical position as in the QC, he'd probably start feeling it too.....It's clearly visible that the pearl in the QC pic is on the right too....Just look at the white area *part of the triangle* below and above the pearl....the part below the pearl is bigger.

+1 it is the same

DeLaForce

Same same but different?

Mr Bimmer

can you post some more QC pics....

Here are a couple that I took last night on my iphone.I will take some with an SLR over the weekend for anyone who can't see the difference in the original QC pictures and this watch.

IMG_0655Large.jpg

IMG_0653Large.jpg

I won't mention the seller until I have a point blank refusal from them to resolve the issue.(s)

KeNnY

please send original pics from seller mate, for me this is not a big issue to send back the watch to china for replace.....

Del

I won't mention the seller until I have a point blank refusal from them to resolve the issue.(s)

Why? If they don't resolve the issue then you will tell us and if they do resolve the issue then I assume you will also tell us. :wacko:

Luthier

Let's spill some blood...

;)

trailboss99

Man, if you look close at that first pic (the QC one) the pearl is not centred in that pic either. We need more QC pics.

BTW, do you honestly think anyone is going to notice?

TheRealWorld.jpg

Poster by Fakemaster.

KeNnY

we need this type of poster made for pearls ! Who is upto this ? :lol:

trailboss99

I'm not asking you to reveal the seller here,. I am however asking you to PM me the seller. As an admin I need to know who may have sent you dummy QC pics.

Now, may I have them please?

King

I can't tell for certain whether it is the same watch or not, as the pearl is clearly off-center in all the pics. It would help me to see a pic of the watch from the same angle as the QC pic.

Mr Bimmer

I'm not asking you to reveal the seller here,. I am however asking you to PM me the seller. As an admin I need to know who may have sent you dummy QC pics.

Now, may I have them please?

Can you pm me an email address for me to send them over or shall I pm them in photobucket?

I can get what people are saying re not thinking the qc picture is different, but to my eyes they don't look the same. I might be wrong, but honestly, it sticks out like a sore thumb when you look at the actual watch.

trailboss99

You may send them along with the identity of the dealer to [email protected] mate.

All info is in confidence BTW. I also approve of you not sharing it out in the forum as yet, no need

until we see what the whole story is.