Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bimmer

Are all Deep Sea Dwellers as bad as this?

guami007

I can't tell for certain whether it is the same watch or not, as the pearl is clearly off-center in all the pics. It would help me to see a pic of the watch from the same angle as the QC pic.

+ 1.

guami007

Can this thread be moved to the general discussions area?

Garry

KeNnY is right, they are both off centre. The lighting on the QC photo merges the silver of the pearl surround with the white background giving the impression the pearl looks more central.

DSSDQCvActual.jpg

trailboss99

Guys, watch was not bought from a trusted dealer, end of story.

Kenny, great work as usual!

Amit

yes i had thought as much, looked a previous dealers QC pics

Didnt wanna say anything until it was all sure

Mr Bimmer

Guys, watch was not bought from a trusted dealer, end of story.

Kenny, great work as usual!

It was bought from a listed trusted dealer. I mis quoted the name to trailboss which has now been corrected.

Edited by Mr Bimmer

Akira

The QC picture looks like Marvellousreplica.

However the watch in the QC pics is the actual watch.

trailboss99

Yup, same watch, same pearl, no issue.

I've seen worse than that, far worse.

Mowgli

The QC pic looks like the same watch to me. The dot is definitely hugging the top edge of the triangle. I don't know what the score is with the dealer because you have okayed the watch from the pics therefore I don't know if it's possible to get it changed.

aka

I had a similar debacle when i received a DSSD watch that was exactly like the QC pictures. It's difficult without a thousand pictures to see every angle and every aspect of a watch. My hour markers were crooked, and i thought it was an optical illusion from the QC pictures. The watch case and bracelet was solid however, so i choose to see it as a starting point, after i calmed down of course. Mike McNair to the rescue of course, and after a complete rebuild, it's in the mail as we speak, and i should be one happy mofo today or tomorrow when it arrives.

Mr Bimmer
Yup, same watch, same pearl, no issue.

I've seen worse than that, far worse.

Really? So you would be happy with this watch, because I certainly aren't.

I will take more photos over the weekend when I get time.

My experience so far of marvellous replicas isn't great at the moment.

Amit

I've had two submariners with pearls similair to that.

one was worse the other was slightly better.

To be honest it's not an issues, my personal opinion is it's not a dealer issue. Sell it on and you'll make 95% of your money back.

Or just get it modded and you will have a superlumed dial, pearl hands and indices.

This is all part of the game, the clasp issue on the other hand is probably more of a legit reason.

If it is a real issue than you do possibly have some recourse.

Akira

Nobody says it's not your right to be dissappointed, however you need to ask yourself if it's worth sending the watch back.

For me, overall it looks pretty good. The pearl might bother me as well, difficult to blame MR for it though.

I mean its unfortunate that the QC pic angle makes the pearl look more centered, but the watch is the same as you received.

MR is actually a great guy, maybe there is a chance you can agree on sending a 2nd insert with better pearl.

Or you spend a couple of bucks and buy a Trevor DSSD insert yourself. They aren't that much.

Luthier

We need a tutorial "How to remove off-centered pearl and put it in the center".

:)

Takken

It's a small issue and a very easy fix to it, take off the pearl and realign it. Merry Christmas.

Amit

It's a small issue and a very easy fix to it, take off the pearl and realign it. Merry Christmas.

OOhhh the lady in your sig makes me tingle.

RichardMiami

I don't have experience with that vendor - but looking at the QC pics and the delivered pics, I can understand how the OP is upset Even if it is the same watch, the offset of the pearl is much more clear and visible in the delivered pics. I would hope that he can work it out with the dealer in a non-confrontational way.

As far as being an "easy" fix, that would totally depend on the skills of the person attempting it I believe. I, for one, have hands that shake and bad eyesight (and most everything else is falling apart as well :P ) so I would rather take it to a trusted repair shop, like Mike McNair or something.

I do not believe that I would be sending anything less than a DOA watch back to China though. That is overkill IMHO

Gazillionaire

I've just done my first transaction with Mreplica and it was fantastic communication everything superb, got the watch yeaterday and am over the moon with the watch. But with regard to this case I think something needs to be done, as a semi noob(total noob!) I look at the Pics and I still think they are 2 different watches(even if they aren't they look that way to me), in my mind this now makes me think us noobs should always put our QC pics up for examination whereas before I would say don't put your QC photos up as they'll get picked to bits no matter how good it is because it's a rep. This Pearl thing is significant and yes alot of you are telling the Op to just reset it and that it's easy, well some of us me included aren't good at shit like that no matter how simple and we don't want to mess it up. Also yes he could send it to a modder and get it done and maybe get extra mods at the time killing two birds with one stone but he may not have the money, he may not want to, and why should he have to??! The fact is he's purchased an item, yes he's ok'd the QC pics but they don't look the same to me anyway, surely they saw their end the pearl was offset significantly? What about their QC on our behalf?

I ok'd my QC pics without posting them just had a look thought there could be a scratch here and there but showed on one pic but not on another so figured it was photo shit! so nothing significant I could see so ok'd them, got my watch yesterday and it is absolutely superb and spotless, perfect! Better than the QC Photos. What I'm trying to say is yes I understand the general reasoning for QC pics but to be honest with how this forum is set up and how only a handful of TD's are chosen, I put my faith in the TD not sending me QC pics of a watch that has a noticeable problem.

Hope that makes sense lol just tapped it out on the iPhone quickly, I for one wanna be happy at least with the quality of what I've purchased everytime I buy from a TD even if I don't like the look or style of the watch when I eventually get my hands on it. And it's good business for the TD's to want this also, surely this what the forum is all about??

Hope this gets sorted somehow so the OP is happy, I've had 4 transactions now from 3 different dealers and all have been superb and I've been very happy, I just hope this continues as cases like this do dent ones confidence even if they are the exception to the rule.

Cheers

Mr Bimmer

I have just taken a few more photo's.

I don't want to be accused of casting aspersions but can anyone else see any tell tale signs from the first QC picture and the picture of the watch that I received.

QC picture

7.jpg

The watch I received

DSC_9396Large.jpg

jeffw69

caseback is definitely in a different position.

Del

Looks like the same watch. The marks at the lugs where the springbars have been installed are the same. It's especially obvious on the top left- hand side.

Del
caseback is definitely in a different position.

Could have been tightened after the pic.

watch.aholic

^^^ Ok the caseback is in a different position but it could be that the TD opened it to regulate it.

I still think that it's the same watch....Look at the two scratches or lines next on the lug next to 12800ft in the first pic...those scratches match perfectly with the scratches on the same lug in the bottom picture.....

KeNnY

if he needed to check the timekeeping he needed to remove the back.. so when he sealed the watch that is why the text is not in same position.. check the small 2 hairline scratches from adding spring bars from factory on left top side lugs and also on the right.. they are the same.. same picture, same watch, end of story

Del

Slow you guys are......:yoda: :lol: