Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bimmer

Are all Deep Sea Dwellers as bad as this?

KeNnY

Slow you guys are...... :yoda: :lol:

damn slow internet connection :D

Mr Bimmer

So how can you Explain an 80 degree difference in the screwed back position?

Granted he would have removed the back to regulate it, but a screwed back cover should return to almost exactly the same position not 80 degrees further round.

Del

How do you know the case back was tight in the QC pic?

When I received my PAM186 recently I was able to tighten up the case back with a sticky ball by at least this amount. It was apparently regulated too.

It's the same watch mate, seriously.

Amit

theres no question that the watch is the same.

i want to see the issue OP is having with the clasp.

watch.aholic

Slow you guys are...... :yoda: :lol:

Didn't want to offend a Scott! :wave:

Mr Bimmer

The mark on the left hand side was a shadow.

IMG_0701Large.jpg

Looks like the spider web mark around the pin has disappeared now as well.

IMG_0702Large.jpg

KeNnY

why don't you show all 7-10 pictures from the Dealer QC pics ????? IT IS THE SAME WATCH

KeNnY

uh and last thing, you can always send it back to China, I bet dealer offered you this option to get replacement.. or get spare bezel insert and just make a swap.

opus9

May I ask a clarification please.. I was on the understanding that QC pics were the dealers confirmation to the buyer, that what they were sending was the correct watch ordered..not the actual watch,or am i very mistaken?

Given that we are not talking about drop shippers here,surely we depend on the dealers integrity and the fact that they handle 100's/1000's of watches,they check the bloody things before they are shipped? or are the orders far to great to be checked?

just questions really as when I joined,I was always told don't get anal over the q.c pics. However if the watch is not up to much or nothing like ordered..tha'ts when we start to burn villages etc ?

If q.c pics are the actual watch..i am going to start asking for friggen video..then no bollox at a later date..if kenny can as a modder!!..then so can the dealers ..... :popcorn:

regards

confused...

KeNnY
conspirancy.jpg

Distinct

May I ask a clarification please.. I was on the understanding that QC pics were the dealers confirmation to the buyer, that what they were sending was the correct watch ordered..not the actual watch,or am i very mistaken?

They should be the very watch that they are about to ship out to you.

Gazillionaire

Given that we are not talking about drop shippers here,surely we depend on the dealers integrity and the fact that they handle 100's/1000's of watches,they check the bloody things before they are shipped? or are the orders far to great to be checked?

just questions really as when I joined,I was always told don't get anal over the q.c pics. However if the watch is not up to much or nothing like ordered..tha'ts when we start to burn villages etc ?

If q.c pics are the actual watch..i am going to start asking for friggen video..then no bollox at a later date..if kenny can as a modder!!..then so can the dealers .....

regards

confused...

+1

Distinct

There is no way in hell that these are different watches. This is the exact same watch. This final picture shows you have a metal filing or shaving stuck inside the spring bar area behind 11:00.

sameat.jpg

Even beyond the other images and comparisons here, that shaving is not something that a common manufacturing setting or circumstance creates. Even if they ran off a whole bunch of watches in a lot with the same grooves and gouges, no two are going to happen to have a metal shaving stuck in the exact same spot in the same angle and size.

KeNnY
myth-busted.jpg

jeffw69

myth-busted.jpg

:kenny:

Del
myth-busted.jpg

:rofl:

Pretty much sums it up IMO!

Buds

So no need to call Miss Marple? :)

Mr Bimmer

uh and last thing, you can always send it back to China, I bet dealer offered you this option to get replacement.. or get spare bezel insert and just make a swap.

Hmm, yes that would be nice.

I must admit that Marvellous reps gave superb service up until there was a problem. Now this is where a good business should shine.

All I've received from MR so far is sarcasm and an offer of a partial refund. And believe it or not, they can't get hold of a replacement bezel. All for the sake of a few $ profit they have sullied their reputation.

I do realise how these forums run, so I'm bound to be in the wrong, If this is how one of the 'trusted' dealers perform, then all well and good.

why don't you show all 7-10 pictures from the Dealer QC pics ????? IT IS THE SAME WATCH

No problems at all showing all the MR Qcpics. Why wouldn't I ?

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Now this one could easily be my watch because that's the sticker that was on the face when I got it

10.jpg

Back to my pictures now.

A few clasp shots where it won't sit down.

DSC_9400Large.jpg

DSC_9416Large-1.jpg

DSC_9417Large.jpg

Take a look at the edge of the thin piece of the clasp. It looks like it was cut with an angle grinder. It's even got the blue tinges where it got hot.

DSC_9404Large.jpg

DSC_9422Large.jpg

DSC_9425Large.jpg

Now I know there is going to be all sorts of excuses thrown up by a certain few, but how about just giving me a bit of help?

I realise that I have been caught out and bought a bit of a dud. That's all part of the game. I am ok with sorting out the clasp and polishing the angle grinding marks out but what can I do about the off centre pearl?

Can someone point me towards someone who can supply a decent bezel? I don't mind paying, I just want something that looks somewhere near presentable.

It's such a shame, why didn't MR just send a new bezel??

seoulbrova

I had a similar problem w/ same seller. Wasn't able to spot the 'problem' from the given QC pics but what can you do? I'd rather not ship and it's a MINOR detail. If I were you, just buy a bezel on EBAY ($99). It looks better than the rep bezel anyways and has the correct straight top line on the triangle.

onionbag

I'm afraid the standard of fit & finish exhibited on the bracelet is per the rep standard. I sympathise with your disappointment, as toolmaker these things frustrate me also, but I'm afraid that high quality hand finishing seems to be beyond many rep makers, the devil is in the detail....but not at this price point.

Mr Bimmer

I had a similar problem w/ same seller. Wasn't able to spot the 'problem' from the given QC pics but what can you do? I'd rather not ship and it's a MINOR detail. If I were you, just buy a bezel on EBAY ($99). It looks better than the rep bezel anyways and has the correct straight top line on the triangle.

Thanks, you obviously know what I'm coming up against.

Can you point me towards a decent example of the ebay bezel please. I have also heard of the 'Trevor' bezels. Anyone know where I can get one?

Edited by Mr Bimmer

jeffw69

On my DSSD, the clasp doesn't sit right either, I don't know if others have this issue as well.

Gazillionaire

Mine's perfect like the owner :smug-grin:

jeffw69

Mine's perfect like the owner :smug-grin:

:rofl:

Perfect :wanker:

schmooze

The dealer shouldn't of sent such a watch with a glaring fault. I've had the same issue, but fixed it with a bezel from Trevor @ RWG.