Sign in to follow this  
OmegaLover

New N00b

OmegaLover

Hello all,

New to the forum so I thought I would say hello.

I have never been a watch guy until a friend talked me into ordering a replica Omega Railmaster XXL about 4 years ago. I can't remember where we ordered it form but It was around $200.00. It is still running and keeps very good time. About a year after I bought the watch the post on the clasp broke and I called the seller to buy a new one. They sent me one for free. Sure wish I could remember where I bought it from. Good quality and great customer service = a repeat customer. I am no watchmaker or jeweler but my amateur inspecton using a loupe and a real Railmaster XXL it was very hard to tell the replica from the real one externally. From what I could see through the clear back it was difficult to tell as well I am sure a qualified jeweler or even a Omega watch enthusiast would see the difference right away. By the way - The clasp has a broken clasp AGAIN and I am looking for a new clasp. I looked at a real one and nearly fainted.

There is one watch I have always lusted for...A 1969 Omega Speedmaster. It is the Red Rider of watches for me. I have wanted one since I was a child and learned they were worn on the moon.

What brings me here is to learn about the good and the bad sellers. When I bought the replica Railmaster I was relying on my friends recommendation as he had purchased several from the company before. (he doesn't recall the site either). $200 was a lot of money then and alot now. I am looking for Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm so the research begins.

OmegaLover

onionbag

Welcome OmegaLover, there are plenty of dealers to choose from and you'll find all the info you need 'pinned' at the head of the New Members section, take plenty of time to read and learn and then you'll really reap the benefits of this forum.

And ask all the questions you like.....some kind soul will answer.

Pob

Welcome to your new home ;)