Sign in to follow this  
rhounsell

My name is Robert...I am a Noob...and I'm addicted to watches.

rhounsell

I actually found this forum looking for a travel case for my watches, and what a discovery, I have been reading for days now and I am totally amazed by the knowledge, experience and attention to detail displayed by the users of this forum.

I've never had the kind of watches that people display on this site (I was excited with my Citizen Nighthawk) and needless to say this will only feed my addiction. (I've already ordered two of the cheapy Sub's that Silix has on special, how could I not for $30)

I doubt I'll have any knowledge or useful comments for anybody at this point, just a lot of ooh's and aah's but you've got to start somewhere and I figured the intro section was the best place.

Looking forward to many years of enjoying all the posts on this forum......and now back to my reading.

onionbag

Hello and welcome to the institution, the warden will be along soon.

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

TxRub779

Hello Robert I am Robert..aka Rob.

Welcome to the wonderful world of watch collecting and replica's. The journey begins mate get ready for a rocket ride.

Marry Christmas,

Rob

tissotman

Join the mad crazy club , once you get the bug it's hard to stop

Luthier

Welcome, welcome, and welcome!!!

Not sure if ordering supercheapies as a first reps is a smart move - it could kill your desire to buy good watches, too many imperfections in $30 reps.

But!!! Maybe, you'll say - OK, these are quite decent, so, where's my $300 for a really good one?

:)

And then... the unavoidable "Who has the best Sub???" will appear, so, as a game spoiler, I'll give you the answer right now - ROLEX.

:D

onionbag

Welcome, welcome, and welcome!!!

Not sure if ordering supercheapies as a first reps is a smart move - it could kill your desire to buy good watches, too many imperfections in $30 reps.

But!!! Maybe, you'll say - OK, these are quite decent, so, where's my $300 for a really good one?

:)

And then... the unavoidable "Who has the best Sub???" will appear, so, as a game spoiler, I'll give you the answer right now - ROLEX.

:D

THIS is not the warden...more of a 'trusty' :D

robznet

Hello mate, yet another Rob here! Welcome to RWG, you will very soon be a fully fledged member of the nuthouse by the sound of your enthusiasm! :lol:

DeLaForce

Ha you're doomed like the lot of us! Welcome:)

SirDomino

Like it was said earlier, please don't be disappointed when you receive them, as the $30 cheapies are just that and won't fool anyone.

You'll have to pay at least $150 or so for decent replicas, with some of the best being $300+.

I love my Ultimate DSSD, but the price for those are $250-$500 depending on where and what version you get. I have compared it to the DSSD at an AD and it is darn near spot on, unless you whip out a jeweler's loupe.

The $30 cheapies tend to be good if you just want to try the watch out on your wrist to see if you like the look and feel before getting a more expensive, higher quality rep.

Good Luck!

Buds

Welcome and good luck :)

jeffw69

We;come to the Island of lost toys :)

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

Dendo

Welcome - and yeah avoid the cheapies - they are embarrassing and then you have to dispose of them......

RichardMiami

Welcome Robert. There is no warden here - the inmates are in charge of this asylum!

Luthier

We;come to the Island of lost toys :)

We?

:rofl:

Well... WE are the ones who found tons of shiny toys here...

;)

torobravo

Welcome to THE hobby ;)

trailboss99

Welcome mate. Freeze your CC in a block of ice or prepare to be bankrupt :D

greg_r

.... and so it begins. You should've taken up smoking crack. It's less addictive and cheaper :D

I guess I'm the warden, but I'm in just as deep as the rest of ya ;)

Welcome to RWG!

Gazillionaire

Run and Run fast while you still have money and a soul!!

solkryssare

Great introduction :) Welcome and hope to see you around A LOT!

rhounsell

Thanks for all the welcoming guys! and don't worry the couple cheap Sub's I have coming will not turn me off reps, nor will I be expecting the moon for $30. To be honest I'm amazed you can even make anything for $30, it's just a toe in the water of the likely flood of new watches that will be coming my way....I'm already eyeing some of the work that Robert does, his stuff is just great looking and he has a good name (sorry for the pun).

rolexfreak

im also a newbie and im also addicted to watches , there we go i admited it im an addict !

Gazillionaire

My name is Gazillionaire and I am an alcoholic.......... :Confused: :confused: whaddya mean No?? GTFO :Confused: Wrong place??!!... Oh ok oops I see....I'll just be going then :) :) bye......