Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

Some little gems for sale !

RolexAddict

Yes, what the fuck with all these conceited guys and very sure of themselves ?

I can understand that buying extra parts and modding has a cost and take time. But it's a hobby, and you feel a real pleasure to work on your projects and then you enjoy to wear the watch you work on. Sellers should not make profit, just add the price of extra material they bought, just to get back the investment. No more.

I sold modded Rolex out here in France and had profit. But its out of forums. Here on forums we are a community and we should only have fun, share experiences by talking and writting articles, make friends, have little disputes about stupid things etc. thats healthy forums :) ! AND re-sell stuff between us at THE RIGHT PRICE.

But often - not here of course, I noticed - it looks like luxury garage sales in Neuilly-sur-Seine, Beverly Hills or Upper West Side/NYC. with people who are convicted they sell gems. Arguments with complete invented values like true "Sillix case", gen "MBW case", gen "Swiss ETA"... and of course a nice written love story with lot of sentimental to (fuck) touch you deep, "I am so sad to sell this watch, she and me have spent so great time, it was a gen RR (rep romance)"

I imagine these people in a elitist party :( , with Cognac, cigars, well polished shoes on deep carpet... " Well, Richard, I make a good price for you, $1.000, the movement rotor is fixed with gen Rolex screw"

Seen on RWG this morning

Here, a Rolex GMT 1675, Sillix case, lot of scratches, broken GMT hand fonction, complete wrong bezel ring, only the dial is correct, probably from Yukiwatch.

the guy ask for $575... expensive just to save the dial...

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/103978-fs-ro...stom-gilt-dial/

Here another sweet dreamer who sells a brocken Daytona 6263, ok a DW, but broken and scratched, and you get an extra broken movement, cool ! :

€550 reduced to €475 which is $650 today...

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/103469-dw-62...tra-valjoux-23/

Here another perfect Sub, a real rep, modded by a rep modder (friend of By Tor, a good rep reference in the rep world) and with a real rep history, I have the tear of it in the eye... :cry:

I dont want to appear as a critic or a poser, but I assume I did better re-lume on Subs and GMT dials

He ask for €700 it means almost $1.000..... no complexes

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/104184-for-s...stasgoodmmbazz/

and for the end :

$850 for another perfect vintage Sub...

Josh sells the same for less than $100, just soak the Bond Nato for 24H in donkee piss to get it aged, change for a Clack plexi dome ($60 shipped). Put a layer of glowing enamel from Humbrol or Revell on markers and hands. Use graphite, mustard, boogers, and/or candle smoke for the dial "patina", -I love the word "patina"- its professional...

Then shake & knock well and scratch with subtility. Then write a love story about this watch and sell it for $850.

Then you will get a lot of responses like "Oh ! what a nice piece ! (of crap)" then the institutional "Bump!" then, as you are a good boy, you reduce the price to $800. It will go. Profit : more than $600

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/103700-fs-mb...-genuine-parts/

I fuck all these people and this Private Club of Connaisseurs, they can keep their shit, I would buy a gen :thumbsup:

Beer time now ! :bottle:

Edited by RolexAddict

greg_r

I agree completely - in fact that's one of the most common topics of conversation in the shoutbox. Lots of folks are trying to sell reps at ridiculous prices on all three of the other boards.

I'd like to see 'em try it here :(

AllergyDoc

I think all of the pieces sold.

Either there's a sucker born every minute, or there's a few guys who appreciate what the sellers had to offer.

I've bought 4 pre-modded watches: WM9 Sub, Sead's 127, and BK's Sub and "Transformer" GMT. None of them were over $400. I guess the WM9 Sub wasn't modded, just designed better.

Member X

I think someone on RG is offering a WM9 V2 sub for $300?!

AllergyDoc

300 euros

$437 U.S. Not a bad price, but he's missing links. Won't fit a 7" wrist. WM9 links are far superior to other rep links. Might be able to use gen links, though.

P_Diddy

@ RA, have you got any modded Rolex that you want to sell to other members now? :(

JohnG

Fuck it, I am going to do it too.

"Community"? Here, sure, but there is no community there, they are out to get theirs, the mods and the old timers are doing it, so why the fuck SHOULDN'T we all sell watches at whatever the market will bear? There is only community if people act like there is a community and over there it is a rep market with lots of tutorials too - hell you even have to pay to sell there, so why the hell not?

Sorry guys, I will never sell a watch here if I can get five times as much over there! :(

My mini Fiddy? $650, head only. It has a fucking PVD movement and a hand-cut stem! :)

RolexAddict
@ RA, have you got any modded Rolex that you want to sell to other members now? :(

no,

I bought for $50 from a RWI member a pam, my first one, I played, disassembled, clean the dial, it was a sandwitch dial but Ididn't have lume material on the side to work on.

So I just reworked on the waterproofing, add custom made rings on the crown, passed a classic 3atm test, them I sold the watch to one of my friend.... for 50 euros. Profit, 5 bucks ? I dont care.

Thats my first experience.

Then I projected to sell 2 Daytona sec. at 6, I bought last year from Josh, brand new, running well, waterproofed, etc... I took pics, I start to prepare the writting, then, I realised I love these watches, so, I keep for me.

sconehead

RA, are the Tonas still running ok after all this time (since your original post) after finding/lubing/curing the little problamatic gear?

RolexAddict
RA, are the Tonas still running ok after all this time (since your original post) after finding/lubing/curing the little problamatic gear?

I do not laugh about bad experiences of Doc or other members with Tonas sec@6, but I never encoured serious toubles with those I own, they go in water, they got shocks and knocks, I play with the chrono and forget to stop it, it runs close to permanently, no problem. These watches are great

All run perfect, great movement, with a very good power reserve, more than 50 hours

One I have disassembled for the article runs very well, the only thing, I did something vrong with the chrono reset device and the chrono big seconds hand. When I reset, the hand doesnt return to 12, but stop anywhere, ramdomly... I dont care, and to lasy to disassemble again, eta's are more easy.

I noticed these A7750 dont like repetitives disassembling/reassembling as I did for the review

I have also one, the mainspring collapsed I guess, runs perfect, keep good time, the only thing, power reserve is 2 hours... If I stay sitting for 2 hours it stops

All I have are powered with the latest 28.800bph A7750.

I wanted to sell these 2, I will probably change my mind, I got a pm...

Left TT solid wrapped 14K middle links, right, the latest SS 2006 model with the engraved rehaut. The hands are set at 10H10, but I assume its my watches, not gen Rolex

Day00.jpg

Day04.jpg

phaedo

You've opened the back so they have been modded, be able to charge a lot for them if you do sell! :D

Edited by phaedo

KinCaidk

I want a daytona... now god dammit!!

on topic: The last sucker isn't born yet and people tend to take advantage of that.

If I were to sell a rep, I can't justify over charging for some simple mods. It's still a rep!

RolexAddict
You've opened the back so they have been modded, be able to charge a lot for them if you do sell! :D

:D

I have sold and fooled some posers here in Paris, fooled as I made a big profit, but buyers was advised it was reps, so only half fooled B)

In fact, may be I am myself the final idiot : I have sold a few Daytonas 6263, without mod, out of the box, one was fucking nice with a great dial, got it from Andrew. I sold it €2.000, -my wife said, it's a homo, ask for 4.000- I didn't. I am sure now the guy sold it for 5.000 :lol:

But I could never have the nerve to overprice here, as people on forums know each others and many knows the sources to get parts and the effective cost.

I want a daytona... now god dammit!!

on topic: The last sucker isn't born yet and people tend to take advantage of that.

If I were to sell a rep, I can't justify over charging for some simple mods. It's still a rep!

Right, I will make exception for some modders who change for serious things like a gen movement, a gen dial, and who sell stuff in perfect condition, but when I read things like "gen Rolex springbars" or "gen crown"... a crown is a crown , aftermarket Rolex springbars or crown cost peanuts

speedzmaster

There's even a certain someone from RWG that posts his heavily modded reps on gen forums. And, you know who you are!!! :thumbsup2:

P.S. Thanks RolexAddict for those tips on vintagizing subs!

greg_r
There's even a certain someone from RWG that posts his heavily modded reps on gen forums. And, you know who you are!!! :thumbsup2:

I hope you don't mean from here!

P_Diddy

spill the beans?

WHO is it ?

dingle

:yoda:

AllergyDoc

I just reread RA's post. Good stuff. What a feisty Frog he is.

greg_r

I just reread RA's post. Good stuff. What a feisty Frog he is.

+1

JohnG
There's even a certain someone from RWG that posts his heavily modded reps on gen forums. And, you know who you are!!! :lol:

Dude, you need to name names, at least pm Greg about it, if there is proof he will take care of it, whether it is here or on another forum. We don't tolerate crooks here - we ass-rape them with rusty pieces of rebar...

cybee
we ass-rape them with rusty pieces of rebar...

Now if that isnt a deterent, I don't know what is. surprised-004.gif

trailboss99

Agreed, here or at RWG2, PM either myself or Greg with a name please.

Col.

sconehead

Whoa there...he said 'posts' not 'sells'....

sconehead

...and no....it isn't me...:lol:

phaedo
we ass-rape them with rusty pieces of rebar...

Now if that isnt a deterent, I don't know what is. surprised-004.gif

I'm sure it could b a turn on or some :lol: