Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

Some little gems for sale !

sconehead

Kinky?

speedzmaster

Yes. POSTS only. NEVER sells.

trailboss99
Whoa there...he said 'posts' not 'sells'....

So? Posting a rep at a gen forum is an instant ban here and at most fora mate. It is the single worst thing you can do. Brings down a lot of bad blood.

Col.

sconehead
Whoa there...he said 'posts' not 'sells'....

So? Posting a rep at a gen forum is an instant ban here and at most fora mate. It is the single worst thing you can do. Brings down a lot of bad blood.

Col.

Sorry Col, I know it's an unwritten rule on the rep boards but I didn't realise it was a banning offence, here or anywhere else...got a link?

robbnj

New to this board (at least this version of it), but not to reps/watches/sales/business, so take this for what you feel it's worth:

My question: Is the OP pissed that people post watches for sale at prices higher than he feels they are worth, that sellers have friends who "support" them in a sale, or that someone actually buys the watches?

Are the overpriced watches all being bought by newbies, or by well-seasoned players? How many newbies jump on to the fora and drop $600 on a rep watch? With the surge in scamming, how many seasoned members will let a one-post-wonder buy one of their "beloved/cherished/first-born/etc." for that kind of dough (and risk)?

Maybe it's just me, but with a claimed 20,000+ members on any of these boards, I think SOMEONE would call out a sale that was B.S. (either directly by posting or indirectly by NOT BUYING). That is, of course, assuming there is not a conspiracy of/by VIPs and Admins who support blatant thievery between members...

AllergyDoc

I recall a guy on RG getting called out for charging more than he paid for a watch. It was Bearcat.

"Blatant thievery" would get called out. "Overcharging" is a subjective term, especially when it comes to mods. How anyone can calculate what to charge for a watch they've spent hours modifying is beyond me.

As for me, I think anyone should be able to charge whatever they want for a watch they're selling, as long as it falls with the rules of the board. "Profiteering" isn't allowed here or on the other 3 fora. But then you modify a watch and... ? If a noob wants to spend $600 on a modified watch, I say let him.

Lastly, please keep in mind that RolexAddict typically posts after ingesting what I suspect to be a considerable amount of beer. :Drinking2: His language can get a little salty and he can come across a little strong.