Sign in to follow this  
Ajmst6

(stands in front of group) I'm Alex, and I'm a watchaholic...

Ajmst6

...among other things :) I actually came across this forum in a desperate attempt to replace my Submariner replica after I fell asleep with it on only to wake up with a missing pearl. I dunno I must hit things in my sleep. Anyway, It was quite a relief to find a forum with so many knowledgable people to keep me off of those sites that have review upon review about their quality and customer service only to find that there are 50 other sites registered and associated with the review. I'm sure we've all seen them bragging about how long they've been in business (when the domain is only 3 months old), and there are no real comments sections in which customers can leave feedback. Luckily for me, RWG has already done the hard work for me :thumbsup: with its trusted dealers section.

My only question now, that I hope someone may be able to answer, is who to purchase the submariner from. I have already pm'd BK to inquire about his "noobmariner" I think it's called, but I am left wondering if there is perhaps a better watch that he offers, or maybe one by someone else? Don't get me wrong, BK's noobmariner left me feeling just the right way by its looks, but I get the feeling by the "noob" part that this watch is an entry level replica that BK just works his magic on cosmetically. Does anyone know about the quality of the base watch? I know I'm getting a bit wordy for my first post and my inexperience with these things probably leaves some to roll their eyes, but I just want to know that aside from the Rolex name and great mods I'm getting a decent base watch. By decent watch, I mean comparable to anything one might buy from Macy's, etc. I don't have extremely high standards for replicas but when talking $300-$400, well I'm sure you get the picture!

greg_r

Welcome!

You'll find plenty of fellow sufferers here. As for subs, well it depends on which model you want. Have a look at Mary's listings (WatchInternational) and it's well worth taking a look at MReplica's website (you'll find both linked from the board home page). Along with BK, that should give you a better idea of what is around, but there's a wide range available from $100 and up.

jeffw69

Welcome Alex!

Ajmst6

Aaaaahhh! I just realized the error of my first post! I just read a thread identifying the most over asked question on here-who has the best sub. I didn't mean to add to the frustration, I just don't know much about anything in the replica world. To clarify, I just haven't been able to find any info on what a "noobmariner" actually is. I'm pretty sure that I will stick with BK on this one, as he is in the same country and I know that shipping won't be a problem. Plus I've read great reviews of his product by other members. I guess the last two sentences of my first post were the focus. Sorry if I make heads spin at my reckless indiscretion!

greg_r

Sounds like a reasonable approach to me, mate :)

'Noobmariner' refers to the factory the base watch comes from.