Sign in to follow this  
LondonBB

London DSSD Newbie!

LondonBB

Hi Everyone.

Looks like a fascinating forum dedicated to a fascinating subject!

Wondering whether I can gain some advice if possible. I want to buy a Deep Sea Sea Dweller but am daunted by the incredible expanse of offerings out there from so many different companies. I'd like to get one of the best quality on offer but it seems impossible to make a decission on pictures, many of which aren't that clear. The pricing also varies dramatically, with some at around $300 ranging up through $600 to a whopping $1,250 in one case, the latter for supposedly exact clones of the real thing.

Can I ask, do you generally get what you pay for here - in other words if I was to shell out a massive (for a replica) $1,250 will it really be that much better and nearer to an original, than one at half the price or less? I'd really like to get one of the best quality available if I can as I like things to be right (but can't afford or justify £7k for a real one!).

Any thoughts I'd be most grateful for...

jeffw69

Definitely the search function is your friend.

There are so many threads here that talk about this DSSD or that DSSD.

Here is one that many will say is the best 'modded' DSSD:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6182

$1250 ??? not here, maybe out on the WWW at some scam sites.

Plenty of trusted dealers here to choose from.

DeLaForce

Yer... Only buy from a trusted dealer here,i would personally suggest the ultimate dssd from Mary (watchinternational)

She's a breeze to deal with and you will have a bloody nice watch! GL :)

onionbag

Hello and welcome from a fellow Brit, the advice previously given is perfect. Take some time to read and learn, do your homework and ask plenty of questions.

This is a friendly place but some are not sympathetic to those not willing to do a little groundwork, and remember buy the seller and then the watch.

Good luck.

LondonBB

Hey Guys, many thanks indeed, I will do a bit of reserch and if there's anything I'm still unclear on come back, if I may. Looks like this forum will be an invaluable tool to help avoid the pitfalls!

onionbag

Hey Guys, many thanks indeed, I will do a bit of reserch and if there's anything I'm still unclear on come back, if I may. Looks like this forum will be an invaluable tool to help avoid the pitfalls!

And it's as funny as fuck at times. :D

Luthier

$1250 for DSSD??? Only if you're totally crazy.

Best offers - Robert's (Prestige) with asian Eta clone for $249 and Mary's (Watchinternational) with genuine ETA for about $320.

Both are great watches, and if you're OK with clone (that is also great movement), go for Robert's offer, if you're picky - go for Mary.

I, personally, bought Mary's DSSD almost 3 years ago, and love it, works perfectly.

LondonBB

Thanks for that Luthier. I am picky and would prefer to pay a bit more and hopefuly get a watch that's sorted and finished to a high standard. I've emailed Mary to see what she can offer and look forward to hearing from her. In the meantime I will carry on doing a bit more research!