Sign in to follow this  
Crocodile

Franken Super Avenger w/ brushed case

Crocodile

I've lurked around for some time, starting to post a bit now. Some of you may know me from other forums. I want to share one of my favorite watches. Before I got the gen parts I took the watch apart and brushed the case. A few months later I had a Gen dial and bezel installed. I love this watch. I had a Black Steel for sometime and was always hesitant to get a normal Super Avenger because of how large and polished they are. I'm not big on super shiny watches, but the brushed case made this perfect!! I wear my watches on leather and this works perfectly on a nice thick strap. Have a look.

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

My 'Fighter Pilot' strap is such a great match, it feels like an old bomber jacket..

IMG_0522.jpg

Member X

That looks great :)

One of the issues I have with a lot of the Breitlings is that they are too bling and too 'look at me' - this makes it a lot more understated, nice work :)

What sort of cost are you looking at to add gen dial and bezel? And are they an ebay item or more difficult to get hold of??

kolchak
That looks great :) One of the issues I have with a lot of the Breitlings is that they are too bling and too 'look at me' - this makes it a lot more understated, nice work :) What sort of cost are you looking at to add gen dial and bezel? And are they an ebay item or more difficult to get hold of??

My exact thoughts & question. What an awesome watch & strap!

ThinkBachs

Love the strap on this, and a nice job you did brushing the case- nice to see something a little different! :)

Luthier

Yes, where did you get gen. dial/bezel, and how much? Did they fit rep. case/movement without problems?

Watch look fantastic!!!

rhounsell

I really like this watch, great work. For me it's like the best of both world's, I like the Breitling watches and now minus the bling...it's perfect.

Del

Fantastic watch, plus the strap combo is great! Wish I could wear a SA but my wrist is too thin...:(

Thanks for posting. :thumbsup2:

Luthier

Answers, answers, pliiiizzz...

HWG

Incredible combo! I brushed the case of my Skyland Avenger as well. It looks so much better IMO! That strap/buckle combo makes it a knock out. Well done!

Crocodile

Thank you everyone :)

Yes, where did you get gen. dial/bezel, and how much? Did they fit rep. case/movement without problems?

Watch look fantastic!!!

I got the gen dial / bezel from eBay. Some disagree but that is a good place to find parts. Buying them from Breitling would probably triple the cost. V3 Super Avengers take direct dial swaps and from what I was told, this is the only version that takes the bezel, however it does need some work. This was done for me by a member on another Forum.

Member X

Thanks for the info :)

scope

Wow, That looks great! Love the brushed finish.

nunya

Beautiful watch and I agree with what others have said - the brushed finish is gorgeous!

kolchak

Any detailed videos available showing exactly how to brush the case? I know my attempt would end up looking like a horribly scratched polished case.

diegosaenz

I don't like Brietlings, but this one is beautiful, welcome!

nunya

I'd like to know how you brushed the case as well.

Kipper

Your watch looks fantastic - thanks for sharing

I have achieved similar brushed finish using a scotchbright pad - normailly i use these for refinishing titanium, but they work just as good on SS

Cheers

boneyjr

where did that buckle come from??

Amit

Ahhhh i know who you are...nice watch, strap (of course) and photos.

Good to see you here too.