Sign in to follow this  
bill_097

rootwatches.net....real or scam?

bill_097

Hi all,

I have just delved into the world of replica watches and it seems there are quite a few replica dealers to avoid. I was googling and found a site but wasn't able to find any reviews on it and was hoping that perhaps someone on this forum might have insight on it as its prices seem to be better than most other sites I have come across.

Thanks in advance!

greg_r

Scam site. Lots of photos of gen watches pretending to be reps. Avoid like the plague. Trust me - IF you get a watch at all (and that's a big if), it won't bear much resemblance to the photo on the site.

Seriously, stick to the trusted dealers.

RichyRichRolex

As I am waiting on my first rep from a trusted and have had conversations with other trusted's I would definitely say this is the way to go. If the trusted doesn’t have what you want ask them anyway as they are all quite resourceful.

Nisv

As I am waiting on my first rep from a trusted and have had conversations with other trusted's I would definitely say this is the way to go. If the trusted doesn’t have what you want ask them anyway as they are all quite resourceful.

+1.

If it's repped - you'll get it :thumbsup2:

Mowgli

It's this sort of query/ quandary that made me join the forum. The nature of the Rep industry means that it's a minefield waiting to catch us inexperienced dudes out.

bill_097

wow! thanks for the replies. i guess some of you have been burned by them before?

Luthier

Too many.

bill_097

I see...thx!

I was just looking a replica tag from a trusted, but noticed that the one I was looking at stated quartz on the face whereas I don't believe that authentic tags specify the word quartz when they are quartz:

http://www.asiakrono.com/tagheuer/aquaracer/tagheuer_1079.htm

Please let me know if I am incorrect in my observation about authentic tags.

Thanks again!

crzsnwbdr

Wow I am so glad I stumbled upon this forum. I was looking at rootwatches.net and thought to myself the exact same thing. Now that I'm here though, I'll definitely have to scope out the trusted sellers and see what they've got. :)