Sign in to follow this  
Mrjeffrogers

what to say when....

Mrjeffrogers

Hey guys,

Just want to know what you say when you are wearing your replica and someone asks you if it is real. Do you tell them it is a replica? Or maybe they ask what kind of watch it is..

Just curious to know when I get my hands on my first as I am sure everyone will be asking me these types of questions

Thanks!

greg_r

LOL - you wouldn't believe how often this gets asked....

Mostly people don't ask. When they do it's usually because you're wearing a Rolex (gen or rep - doesn't matter. Folks usually assume any Rolex is fake).

If a friend wants to know, I tell 'em the truth. If a stranger is rude enough to ask then it's a toss-up between sarcasm or violence. "No, it's a fucking tattoo" is my preferred response. In over 10 years of wearing reps every day I've had to respond this way ....

...exactly once!

Most people don't give a damn what watch you wear. Even fewer will ask about it unless you're vain enough to flash it around.

jeffw69
131148310431.gif

Amit

I agree with Greg on everything. Except i have probably run into more ruder people in my short time of wearing reps.

If it's almost any other watch brand people don't care to ask if it's real or not, but only if it's Rolex will they ask.

One guy who used to work with us (sales wanker) grabbed my wrist and was trying to take it off to examine it closer.

Pushed him by the face and told him to back off, he then asked if he could wear it to see how it felt to determine of it was real.

I said you can if you let me wear your wife in return.

But he was a proper cunt anyway, so i suppose those people are few and far between.

Pointless story as i read back but fun nonetheless

Crusader

That is great thing about Marina Militare from Jackson or Getat.

People ask: ''Which watch is this?''

I say: ''Marina Militare...''

Respond:'' Oh..... nice''

And that's it :D It happend to my twice in a month of owning MM. Unless they are familiar with Panerai case design. Which is quite rare to find someone who knows them in my circles...

greg_r

One guy who used to work with us (sales wanker) grabbed my wrist and was trying to take it off to examine it closer.

Pushed him by the face and told him to back off, he then asked if he could wear it to see how it felt to determine of it was real.

Gawd - some people! Anybody tried that with me would definitely get option b.

Dr Yan

I was in a dealers the other day looking at a gen maurice lacroix. i was wearing my getat mm ti . the dealers are ad for rolex, omega, and lots others but not Pam. the sales guy i was talking to was a a very knowlegeable guy and i could tell he knew a lot more about watches than i do.

he says thats a nice panerai you have , could i look at it. i was about to say its not a panera but i just let it go. i took it off and he checked it out . said yes it really is a beautiful watch i really love the panerai ti cases.

Mazz

Thats the good thing about living over here is that everyone thinks its a gen because there are so many here

Dr Yan

where u live Mazz?

Mazz

The middle east the head of PR for my company has a new Rolex everyday of the week. Nice ones at that too.

Some watches here would make the Gaytona look conservative.

Member X

I agree with Greg on everything. Except i have probably run into more ruder people in my short time of wearing reps.

If it's almost any other watch brand people don't care to ask if it's real or not, but only if it's Rolex will they ask.

I said you can if you let me wear your wife in return.

But he was a proper cunt anyway, so i suppose those people are few and far between.

Pointless story as i read back but fun nonetheless

lol

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that encounter :lol:

Akira

Gawd - some people! Anybody tried that with me would definitely get option b.

Where I live people get killed for less

gtwc

No ones ever asked me, probably for 2 reasons:-

1) I look like a right grumpy bastard at the best of times, and

2) I live in Norfolk, where watches are pretty much new-fangled technology anyway.

All family & friends know all of mine (except for 2 Seiko Monsters, an old Eterna-Matic and a Glycine

Incursore - all gens) are fake anyway, they know I collect reps.

:daffy:

Dr Yan

The middle east the head of PR for my company has a new Rolex everyday of the week. Nice ones at that too.

Some watches here would make the Gaytona look conservative.

:rolleyes: well for some :D

Edited by dryan

torobravo

Who has the best sub?

Dr Yan

Or you could say

Have you always been an ignorant nosey cunt, or is it a recent thing?

:D