Sign in to follow this  
gazzy

Watch won't bloody start

gazzy

Gentlemen,I hope someone can offer some advice,I bought a Graham Chronfighter (no laughing at the back) from Toro just before christmas and it has been great,really pleased with it,not been off my wrist.However,this morning it won't start,usually it takes a couple of gentle shakes and it's off but not today,I've sent Toro a message but he's not got back to me yet,that's not a complaint as it was only a couple of hours ago so he's not had a chance yet but it's driving me mad looking at it not working,is there anything obvious I can try while I wait for Toro,who,by the way was a pleasure to deal with.

KeNnY

Try to wind it via crown

Del

As Kenny said, try hand winding, run the hands and date round a few times and also give it a gentle dunt or two against the palm of your hand. Might work! ;)

gazzy

Hi Kenny,I've tried that,was quite gentle with it but it hasn't needed that up to now.I'm a bit wary of damaging it as it's my first 7750.

g.man

Hold it upside down and slap it's arse!

...or something

g.man

gazzy

Hi Del,got you're post as I was replying to Kenny,tried moving the hands,still not going.I assume a dunt is gaelic for twat it,tried that as well.One thing I have just noticed is that the chrono lever seems to be limp,I mean it doesn't feel like it's pushing against anything.

Del
Hi Kenny,I've tried that,was quite gentle with it but it hasn't needed that up to now.I'm a bit wary of damaging it as it's my first 7750.

Just as well you didn't see what I did to my PAM186 Arktos to get it going when it arrived then! I thought it was DOA and nearly gave up on it until I decided to give it one more "dunt" (and I mean a real "I can't believe it's not fucking working" dunt).......and it started! Hasn't missed a beat since. :D

gazzy

Is it usual for a watch to work so well and then just stop,I can understand you smacking it out of frustration when it first arrives Del but this has been great,starts with just a shake.

Del
Is it usual for a watch to work so well and then just stop,I can understand you smacking it out of frustration when it first arrives Del but this has been great,starts with just a shake.

I know what you mean, and I'm not an expert, but mine must have been running before it was shipped so I guess you never know.

I'm sure Toro will advise soon. ;)

gazzy

Yeah,he seemed a decent guy and I would only buy off this forum for that reason.I'm relatively new to the watch thing,it's bloody addictive isn't it.

Baldrick

WD 40 ;)

Mowgli

I know what you mean, and I'm not an expert, but mine must have been running before it was shipped so I guess you never know.

I'm sure Toro will advise soon. ;)

It's mechanical so there's always a chance it will go tits up. Even my swiss 7750's like to give my heart a bit of a flutter sometimes.