Edited by spdfrk

Luthier

Link to that thread would be nice...

spdfrk

Hi xxx thnx for your reply but i dont understand

What i have to do could anyone Explain

Thanks alot!!

Luthier

When you'll push the tube out from the case a little bit - it will expose a little bit more of the thread. So, after this operation, the crown will screw down easily.

I think...

Waipio Jeff

These watches also are know for stripped crown tube threads. I had to buy a new crown and send it to McNair for repair. Works great now!

Frankt8242

As far as I can see, the tube is threaded on the inside,(female threads) and the stem, (male threads) engages it when pushed in and turned.

By slightly pinching the tube, you reduce the diameter of it sufficiently to allow the somewhat worn down threads to reengage enough to create an effective union of the threads.

Hopefully I'll be cautious enough with my new BP to never need to try this fix, but it seems to be effective according to a number of folks who have used it...

-XXXX-
As far as I can see, the tube is threaded on the inside,(female threads) and the stem, (male threads) engages it when pushed in and turned.

By slightly pinching the tube, you reduce the diameter of it sufficiently to allow the somewhat worn down threads to reengage enough to create an effective union of the threads.

Hopefully I'll be cautious enough with my new BP to never need to try this fix, but it seems to be effective according to a number of folks who have used it...

Yes, that is exactly what I have done. I have removed the stem+crown, and with small pliers I have lightly and evenly bent the tube (I mean very very lightly) so that the threads reengage.

In my case the crown was completely loose. I am no watchsmith, but I managed to fix my BP in 2 minutes.

spdfrk

Hi all thanks for all your replies i also bended the tube thats on the case a little and now its working fine again thanks alot im wearing my bp with alot of joy again!

Greetings michel