Sign in to follow this  
seoulbrova

Some questions about 6497 Movement

seoulbrova

When you wind, should you wind in it quickly or slowly?

Also, I thought once wound, as long as it's on your wrist the movt will keep going...I've found that the watch will stop after about two days when it is fully wound even as I am wearing it.

Is this normal for the 6497 clone?

Dr Yan

Hey Brov, dont think it matters what way u wind it.

i wind mine till it gets tight; about 40 winds and it will run for about two to three days.

these are not automatic so you do have to wind them regularly

Crusader

6497 doesn't have rotor for winding, so it doesn't matter if it's on wrist or on table, it will go on when wounded.

Winding should be slowly, with feeling, like every other watch. Since it's delicate component, it could damage if used hard.

watch.aholic

I don't recommend fully winding a 6497. As per my experience, trying to do that results in the 6497 movement developing 'keyless' problems...I realized this when in my zeal to achieve the longest power reserve I fully wound my RXW rep and the stem got loose or something after that.....I had to tighten that little screw holding the stem in the movement.....It happened again on another PAM rep of mine when I wound it fully......Therefore I just turn the crown a few times that gives me ample power to last for that day and that's it.....and yes winding a 6497 is a little pain...the repeated turning of the crown scrapes the skin on the finger and/or the thumb.....so gentle is the way to go...protect the movement and protect your fingers