Sign in to follow this  
houndoggie

Houndoggie's Funky PAM homage Project Watch thread...

houndoggie

I got this thing from ebay for $80:

DSC04394.jpg

IMG_4541.jpg

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

It is a nicely built 44mm PAM homage sans CG. I actually forgot I ordered, so when it popped up today, I was happy, yet confused.

The case is really nice, probably same one as Greg_r's GMT Power reserve, it has the same quick release lugs. The watch also came with what appears to be the same strap as well, a very nice leather double channel strap meant for a deployant buckle (but came with a pre-V buckle).

I hate the stupid AR, so that will be on part of the project, it's removal.

I also hate the lume quality and the uncharged color. So that will be another part of the project. I have several options for lume on my bench at home: LumTec Nitro lume in all shades (powdered) and Glownation Glow paint, in every color. I haven't decided what direction to go.

I also want to improve the look of the dial by either painting is a solid color with spray paint, applying some sort of decal, or painting some sort of design or picture or any combination thereof.

Stay tuned for pics and I am very open to suggestions on this project.

Member X

Nice pick up, I've seen those too :D

You could do some crazy reverse-lume thing and have the dial glowing like a torch but the numbers black?

sconehead

Is it a DSN?

houndoggie

You could do some crazy reverse-lume thing and have the dial glowing like a torch but the numbers black?

Interesting idea. I'll have to see how that Glownation stuff works. The only thing I don't like about it is that the color are a little "neony" looking.

houndoggie
Is it a DSN?

If that makes you happier, than yes.

Member X

Interesting idea. I'll have to see how that Glownation stuff works. The only thing I don't like about it is that the color are a little "neony" looking.

Would be interesting to see if you could do some sort of graduated lume colours, although getting them to blend into each other would probably be a nightmare/impossible lol

I guess you can always tone the colours down using the stealth lume pencil technique?

sconehead
Is it a DSN?

:D

Just how many watches do you currently own HD? The sound of spinning balance wheels must be deafening...

houndoggie
Is it a DSN?

:D

Just how many watches do you currently own HD? The sound of spinning balance wheels must be deafening...

at least 3.

I am actually in the process of selling 3, just sold 3, and will sell at least 7 more very soon. I am cashing some chips in for a watch I put a deposit on today:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=292801

With the remainder of funds, I might get something else really nice in the $1000 range (gen)

sconehead

A Trimix, nice watch, has a vintage Omega look about it. $1000 will get you a good SMP if you look hard enough for your next gen.

Member X

That's a nice watch :thumbsup:

mad dawg

I think it is nice too. Jackson has something similar (manual wind) for $73 but, the auto is much nicer.

Hopefully I can find one.

MD

mad dawg

I just checked. Jackson's is auto too.