Sign in to follow this  
onzenuub

screws, clambs, movements etc

JohnG

I have run across them a few times, too expensive. Look at their "black rhodium" movment, as far as I can tell this is the same as the Getat "gun metal" movement, but their price is $115 for non-swan neck, Getat is $40. Cases are a little pricey too, compared to Getat and Jackson.

But Onze is strictly Breitling, so he wouldn't know...... :)

PatronSaintofChainsaws
I have run across them a few times, too expensive. Look at their "black rhodium" movment, as far as I can tell this is the same as the Getat "gun metal" movement, but their price is $115 for non-swan neck, Getat is $40. Cases are a little pricey too, compared to Getat and Jackson.

But Onze is strictly Breitling, so he wouldn't know...... :)

In addition, WAL-LAB takes forever. I did a back and forth with them in order to buy a 2836 movement, and it took approx. 3 weeks just to confirm what was in stock. Not worth the hassle, IMHO.

sconehead

Talk about pissing on Onzes parade :)...mind you if the site's crap, thanks for the heads up...JacksonTse's swan neck is $35 shipped, ST 36, decent quality...better price than Getats non swan neck movement... :popcorn:

JohnG
Talk about pissing on Onzes parade :)...mind you if the site's crap, thanks for the heads up...JacksonTse's swan neck is $35 shipped, ST 36, decent quality...better price than Getats non swan neck movement... :popcorn:

Yeah, jackson is a little cheaper, but Getat's NON is $35 - the SAME price (if Jackson hasn't upped it). On movements, there is about a $5 difference, cases were about the same, but Jackson just upped his price, SS case is now $35, same as Getat, though he includes shipping. Jackson should keep his prices where they are, because if he gets too close to Getat there will be no reason to buy from him, Getat's site is WAY WAY more streamlined.

onzenuub
Talk about pissing on Onzes parade :popcorn:...mind you if the site's crap, thanks for the heads up...JacksonTse's swan neck is $35 shipped, ST 36, decent quality...better price than Getats non swan neck movement... :rofl:

Yeah, jackson is a little cheaper, but Getat's NON is $35 - the SAME price (if Jackson hasn't upped it). On movements, there is about a $5 difference, cases were about the same, but Jackson just upped his price, SS case is now $35, same as Getat, though he includes shipping. Jackson should keep his prices where they are, because if he gets too close to Getat there will be no reason to buy from him, Getat's site is WAY WAY more streamlined.

TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSK, get your ass banned you. :)

greg_r

+1

Both good dealers, but they each have their pros and cons. One of the reasons why we approached both of them when we started inviting dealers here - they each bring something unique to the party.

JohnG
TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSK, get your ass banned you. :wub:

Your a mod now, can't you unban me?

sconehead

Onze is a mod? So that's what concierge meant...un-ban me as well then... ;)