Sign in to follow this  
DaMenaCe

My Tag Heuer from Toro Bravo already broken in 30 days

DaMenaCe

Dear forum,

I bought a "high quality" Tag heuer watch with a valjoux 7750 in it that's already broken within 30 days. I bought it for 300 dollars + 50 dollars shipment

The movement/anker is not charging the automatic, so it's stops running after a while. So i have to charge it manually everyday, and probarly it will be broken too because it's a weak spot of a valjoux 7750.

I went to a local watch smith, and he said a peace is broken that's charging the automatic. He cannot order this peace.

I can send the watch back to China, but i really don't like it. I'm afraid i will loose my watch somewhere. I asked for the part or a new valjoux 7750, but he is charging me 150 dollars for it. I'm not want to spend 150 dollars more for a replica.

I really thought i bought a good high quality watch, but now i regret it, and will not buy a replica watch again.

My question is if someone knows what part it is, and tell me where i can order this part, and maybe i can fix it myself.

I really appreciate your help.

NCRich

Send it back. Part of the game.

onionbag

Send it back. Part of the game.

That's what you need to do...simple as that.

dalboy

send it back for a replacement, rep or not for thay money should not fuck up in 30 days.

amuthon

Send the watch to wiz in France, sounds like a balance wheel issue...?

DarkGlass

You need to take some Advice from Toro, what is his warranty btw? Failing that pm a mod here, failures are a fact of rep life it's not a reflection on the dealer.

Problems always happen its how we deal with them that matters, you may be pleasantly surprised if you follow the procedure above

Amit

have you contacted Toro??

failing that have you contacted a mod before you posted this thread?

DaMenaCe

Dear DarkGlass. I understand. Sure it's not the fault of Toro Bravo. And i understand when i send it back, he probarly can fix/replace the issue.

But what will happen if the watch is missing or get hold on the customs. I really don't like it to send it to China :( and i hope that there's another solution.

Caliper

for 350 I doubt you got a "Valjoux 7750" (Gen ETA movement), you got an asian clone 7750, they are mostly hit or miss by the poor Chinese assembly, parts for the A7750 are sometimes difficult to find but ETA parts sometime fit.

check here: http://www.eta.ch/sw.../7750/7750.html

for the broken part number and try to get it online at ofrei.com or cousinguk.com

or contact Toro to see what he suggests

Edited by Caliper

gtwc

Bad luck.

The 'majority' of reps seem to last a long while, 'tho there is always going to be one

'bad apple' or 'friday afternoon special' in any bunch.

I know this post does nothing to assuage you with your (expensive) loss, but unfortunately

this is the name of the rep game.

You pays your money and you takes your chances - 'tho some TD's do offer 6 month (or so)

guarantees.

I would seriously consider opening a dialogue with the TD and seeing if he would be illing

to repair or replace.........

Good luck.

DaMenaCe

I'm sorry. It's an asian clone of the valjoux 7750.

edit: And yes, i know i took a risk to buy an "expensive" replica watch. But i really hoped that it was a quality thing. But i was wrong and naief. Still i hope i can order something and fix it myself (or the local watch smith).

Edited by DaMenaCe

Del

Send it back to Toro or send it to Wiz or just keep it and manually wind it every couple of days.

This is simply part of the rep game, like it or lump it! ;)

seoulbrova

Have you worked on watches before? I don't think this would be as easy as you think considering even watchsmiths are known to have difficulty with the asian 7750.

For the price you would pay to fix it, just send it back so Toro can take care of it for you.

onionbag

As far as I'm aware you cannot buy parts for an A7750 movement, and the gen parts are not interchangeable.

Speak to torobravo, he'll see you alright.

You state that you're worried about customs, where are you based?

Wiz
gen parts are not interchangeable.

Actually at least half of the parts can be swapped with Swiss ones. :)

If the only issue with the movement is the automatic winding then it's a pretty easy fix, and Swiss parts should fit.

onionbag

If the only issue on the watch is the automatic winding then it's a pretty easy fix, and Swiss parts should fit.

Thanks Wiz, I'm always happy to have my misconceptions corrected. :D

Wiz

If the only issue on the watch is the automatic winding then it's a pretty easy fix, and Swiss parts should fit.

Well, I don't really like to play mister know-it-all, but if you don't say anything the misconception will spread.

onionbag

Well let's face it, you've forgotten more than I'll know about such things, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing...as I've amply demonstrated. :)

Trolex

Have you worked on watches before? I don't think this would be as easy as you think considering even watchsmiths are known to have difficulty with the asian 7750.

For the price you would pay to fix it, just send it back so Toro can take care of it for you.

Never worked on a watch before in my life, followed the step by step instructions from ETA, took apart and reassebled a 7750 in a little over 3 hours, including a dinner break. I don't see what the challenge is, other than it's incredibly time consuming and can be tedious. I suppose I should admit that I'm pretty adept at working in similar settings (small scale fine hand work).

The watch I was going to repair turned out to have a broken escape wheel, but I managed to get everything else in order that wasn't. If you're considering junking it, I'd consider buying it off you (the escape wheel is one of the parts that don't swap over, so I need one) depending on what you want for it. Let me know :)

edit: if you're going to have it repaired, Wiz & CLS will get it straightened out for you. CLS (in the US) is currently not taking any orders to clear out his current work quickly, if that matters

Edited by MBH

DaMenaCe

As far as I'm aware you cannot buy parts for an A7750 movement, and the gen parts are not interchangeable.

Speak to torobravo, he'll see you alright.

You state that you're worried about customs, where are you based?

I'm in The Netherlands. Can i send my watch to him without risk?

grb

Nice one MB :thumbsup2:

Trolex

Onionbag is right, you cannot buy parts for the A7750 - however many ETA (Swiss) parts are interchangable with the A7750 (Shanghai), and Wiz seemed to think your problem could be solved by genuine ETA parts (meaning you could buy replacement parts and replace them yourself if you'd like)

Greenhat

Well, I don't really like to play mister know-it-all, but if you don't say anything the misconception will spread.

Who going to win the 6 nations :D

Trolex

Nice one MB :thumbsup2:

Wouldn't have done it without you! Learned a ton!!

Wiz

Who going to win the 6 nations :D

Most likely Wales. :)