Sign in to follow this  
Showa321

What is with the factories? Is it just a sales thing?

Showa321

I saw Luther make fun of a post yesterday (nothing new there) about certain factories etc, n factory, h factory and all that.

Can anyone explain them to me? Are they actual factories or are they how they are made or is it just pure BS?

sam77
:siesta:

greg_r

There are a large number of factories making reps - all relatively small operations. All the 'h-factory' name means (and it's a name given to them by the forums) is that it's the same factory that made the highly-regarded Hublot reps a while back. Same thing goes for the others. It's just shorthand to make it easier for us to figure out which rep is which (given that often there are two or more sources for a particular model and they're often of different quality). Don't take it too seriously.

Mazz

Are they actual factories or are they how they are made or is it just pure BS?

They just appear out of thin air in certin places in china...............:P

Showa321

There are a large number of factories making reps - all relatively small operations. All the 'h-factory' name means (and it's a name given to them by the forums) is that it's the same factory that made the highly-regarded Hublot reps a while back. Same thing goes for the others. It's just shorthand to make it easier for us to figure out which rep is which (given that often there are two or more sources for a particular model and they're often of different quality). Don't take it too seriously.

Thanks for the reply.

I assume there are a lot of places where they do make reps in China, Thailand or wherever else they are made, because a certain factory has an initial does that mean its better than one without an initial? Like H Factory was for Hublot reps so does that mean the other watches they make now are any different to any of the other none initial factories?

I guess what my point is, is just because they have a certain initial infront of 'Factory' does this make them some kind of better place to buy a watch from?

Edited by Showa321

Baldrick
They just appear out of thin air in certin places in china. in the imaginations of some forum members....

Fixed that fer ya' B)

ron76

Are they actual factories or are they how they are made or is it just pure BS?

They just appear out of thin air in certin places in china............... :P

Strange thing is that they make your money DISappear

greg_r

I guess what my point is, is just because they have a certain initial infront of 'Factorie' does this make them some kind of better place to buy a watch from?

Not necessarily. It can vary from model to model. Whatever the watch you want, it pays to do your research first and not blindly buy something because it's got a random initial in front of the factory name ;)

Mazz
Are they actual factories or are they how they are made or is it just pure BS? They just appear out of thin air in certin places in china............... :P
Strange thing is that they make your money DISappear

Thats part of the whole disruption of the space time thing............................

I guess what my point is, is just because they have a certain initial infront of 'Factorie' does this make them some kind of better place to buy a watch from?
Not necessarily. It can vary from model to model. Whatever the watch you want, it pays to do your research first and not blindly buy something because it's got a random initial in front of the factory name ;)

Thats why there isnt a AAA factory ?

Showa321

Yeah, I think thats what Luther was trying to get across. Its just a lot of dealers seem to make it a sales tactic, and its hard for newbies to know if this is just a sales tactic or if a watch without an initial is just as good if not better. Sort of like "id wait until the H Factory version comes out" etc.

Cheers Greg.

jeffw69

Buy from N-Factory, we love you long time :)