Sign in to follow this  
HWG

My Seawolf Adventure... Pic Heavy!

HWG

Ok, so the seawolf has been out of production a long time, right? Cant get it anywhere, right? Maybe a used one shows up in member to member sales on a forum, and sells for over $600. Crazy. I wanted a grey or black dial. Mary says no, Toro says no, other TDs from other sites say no. The wolf of days gone by was "ultimate" : superior dial, swiss movement, excellent fit and finish all around. Those of you that know me know I dont look for the ultimate 1:1 watch, I look for the one I like. I can live with a few impefections, and tells. After much searching, I found a seawolf, from one of our TD's, who said, "low quality" But, they offered the watch on SS, and Swiss ETA movement. How low quality could it be? I had to try it.

QC pics from dealer:

4fcc402e.jpg

9a04c8c9.jpg

5894b28c.jpg

Looks ok on QC, but the case back seems different. Oh well, send the watch! 4 days later DHL drops if off. Opened the case back, it is a swiss movement, just as advertised. The case back is good, but the model A13356 is not a Seawolf, I think its a Blackbird. So far, one ding on this watch. Dial looks great, lume is not the best, and the bracelet is of good quality. However, the end links look a bit squared off, so perhaps another tell. Crown looks decent for a rep, and the dial looks very nice. Im sure the datewheel font is not accurate but neither were the original $388 reps back in the day either. My watch had a weak bezel, it was actually bi-directional, but I have fixed that now. So, now I have a wolf that perhaps is not as good as the older version, but for me, this is more than satisfactory, and I bet for many others it will be too. Here are some of my pics:

0a5ff38c.jpg

86b8a3b1.jpg

ce2cb1ea.jpg

7e84a7ff.jpg

01875b24.jpg

998ad052.jpg

cb3b6361.jpg

0d5f4670.jpg

Thanks for looking, oh and the dealer is Silix!

greg_r

Enjoy! :D

jeffw69

NICE!!!

bklynboy

Congrats on the new watch!

Michelle has got it going on...

Dr Yan

Looks purdy dayum good to me :D

HWG

thanks guys! when i look at a used watch from a stranger on another forum for over $600 this is sooooo worth it

rhounsell

Nice watch and for that price it certainly seems like a great deal from silix.

Nisv

Looking good :thumbsup:

boneyjr

not bad at all! congrats

Del

Congrats mate - looks good to me! :thumbsup2:

And I love how you didn't give up on your quest for a 'Wolf! :clap:

HWG

Thanks Del! Silix has yellow dial as well, but the numbers are white, not black.. that was a deal breaker for me. But this grey one is nice!!!!

Del

Thanks Del! Silix has yellow dial as well, but the numbers are white, not black.. that was a deal breaker for me. But this grey one is nice!!!!

I'm so glad you didn't buy that yellow dial with the white numerals - yuck! :vomit:

:lol:

Inushuk

very nice ... enjoy it ! :)

kolchak

very nice.

dental floss or other bezel fix?