Sign in to follow this  
GC

WINNER UPDATE!!! The GBOGH pay it forward EVENT!!!

GC

So last week i come home and there is a parcel waiting for me... hmmmm?

"What could this be" i ask myself... I look at the sender's name and see GBOGH... even stranger!

I open the parcel and what is inside... a mini Egi (and by mini i mean the 47mm lol), a leather nato strap (which i have never seen before...it's amazing btw) and a little hand written note that reads:

"Hey GC,

Got this mini Egi from Kolchak and found out I just can't pull off the size! I know you were initially wanting it, so try it out and keep it if you like it. If not, please pay it forward to another member that may be interested in the Egi.

Your Friend

GBOGH"

Well needless to say, I was floored because it was a watch that i intended to buy just to take some photos of along with another watch i bought from Kolchak to gift to a friend. I bought the other watch to gift, but didn't go thru with the Egi because i thought it's silly to buy a watch just to have something to photograph.

Well, long story short, not only will i photograph the Egi in a "Devil" photo thread as originally intended, but after wearing it I also fell in luv with it too! When all is said and done, I'm a sentimentalist first and foremost, so this Egi will not be leaving my wrist or be gifted further...but because i belive eveything happens for a reason and one act of selflessness deserves another I would like to pay it forward......................................

So, this is the GBOGH pay it forward EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is how it works... you post "I am in" and your post number will be your raffel number. One post per member, just to keep things fair. The raffel is open to all members, but if you are not a VIP/supporting member you have to post your best watch pic (that you have taken!) or upgrade to VIP/supporter (fair is fair). I'll let it run a week, so next saturday/sunday @ midnight PT all entries must be in. I'll use the ramdom number thingy that greg_r uses in his raffels to keep things kosher.

and without further blah blah... here is the watch you could win

Patek Phillipe SkyMoon Tourbillion (brand new, never worn, 21j movt with working master calendar (i.e. day, date, month), back side is a quartz movt, I bought it just to photograph and never wore it)

IMG_2776APS.jpg

IMG_2779APS.jpg

IMG_2787APS.jpg

IMG_2792APS.jpg

g.man

Lovely idea. Good luck.

+1

g.man

*just to clarify, I am not trying to enter*

Edited by g.man

HWG

Amazing gesture both by you and GBOGH. Count me in!

honeybear

Thanks, I am in. This is a photo of my JLC Master Tourbillon replica, which is one of my favorite replicas.

DSC00636-1.jpg

RichardMiami

sounds like a fun idea! I am in.... like Flynn!

Cyril_Clunge

Wow, I am in!

onionbag

I'm in...no really I am, I was out at the shops earlier, but now I'm in.

Did I say I was in?

Del

Woo-hoo, very nice gestures by both GBOGH and GC! :clap::woo::clap:

I will declare that "I'm in" but I can't see me wearing this particular watch very often so, if I win, I will donate it to RWG for a VIP Upgrade Competition.

bklynboy

i'm in but a terrible photographer, outside of the sales threads this is the only one that ever got commented on

EXPII.jpg

someone said slash called and wants his hat back....

Tits McGee

I am going both tits in! :boobies3:

Great job guys.

Mazz

Im in

Great gesture

wolfwood

I'm in! Thanks for such a nice gesture. :giggle:

p1140897a.jpg

tesmith2112

I'm in. I've a VIP, but I still wanted to post this pic, this is one of my best I think.

IMG_7506.jpg

GC
I'm in. I've a VIP, but I still wanted to post this pic, this is one of my best I think.

Disqualified...

..... :rofl:

tesmith2112

Wow, you're a stickler for the rules.... Is that attitude really in the spirit of "pay it forward"? I was really only hoping to get a compliment on my pic from the master himself.

Waipio Jeff

Wow, you're a stickler for the rules.... Is that attitude really in the spirit of "pay it forward"? I was really only hoping to get a compliment on my pic from the master himself.

Dude, he was kidding. It is a great photo and your VIP contribution is admirable too.

Love this idea and agree that GBOGH is a cool guy. Love this stuff.

Not IN though.

I have had this watch and enjoyed it briefly. Hope it goes to someone who will keep up the spirit of the gesture.

dave47

So last week i come home and there is a parcel waiting for me... hmmmm?

"What could this be" i ask myself... I look at the sender's name and see GBOGH... even stranger!

I open the parcel and what is inside... a mini Egi (and by mini i mean the 47mm lol), a leather nato strap (which i have never seen before...it's amazing btw) and a little hand written note that reads:

"Hey GC,

Got this mini Egi from Kolchak and found out I just can't pull off the size! I know you were initially wanting it, so try it out and keep it if you like it. If not, please pay it forward to another member that may be interested in the Egi.

Your Friend

GBOGH"

Well needless to say, I was floored because it was a watch that i intended to buy just to take some photos of along with another watch i bought from Kolchak to gift to a friend. I bought the other watch to gift, but didn't go thru with the Egi because i thought it's silly to buy a watch just to have something to photograph.

Well, long story short, not only will i photograph the Egi in a "Devil" photo thread as originally intended, but after wearing it I also fell in luv with it too! When all is said and done, I'm a sentimentalist first and foremost, so this Egi will not be leaving my wrist or be gifted further...but because i belive eveything happens for a reason and one act of selflessness deserves another I would like to pay it forward......................................

So, this is the GBOGH pay it forward EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is how it works... you post "I am in" and your post number will be your raffel number. One post per member, just to keep things fair. The raffel is open to all members, but if you are not a VIP/supporting member you have to post your best watch pic (that you have taken!) or upgrade to VIP/supporter (fair is fair). I'll let it run a week, so next saturday/sunday @ midnight PT all entries must be in. I'll use the ramdom number thingy that greg_r uses in his raffels to keep things kosher.

and without further blah blah... here is the watch you could win

Patek Phillipe SkyMoon Tourbillion (brand new, never worn, 21j movt with working master calendar (i.e. day, date, month), back side is a quartz movt, I bought it just to photograph and never wore it)

IMG_2776APS.jpg

IMG_2779APS.jpg

IMG_2787APS.jpg

IMG_2792APS.jpg

EXCELLENT offer based upon a fine, generous plan! Good luck!

dave

ks653

Great gesture guys... I'm in...

IMG_1036.jpg

tesmith2112

Dude, he was kidding. It is a great photo and your VIP contribution is admirable too.

Love this idea and agree that GBOGH is a cool guy. Love this stuff.

Not IN though.

I have had this watch and enjoyed it briefly. Hope it goes to someone who will keep up the spirit of the gesture.

I know he was kidding, so was I! I guess my subtle humor isn't funny at all. I love your boobs by the way.

str8

Nice to read this once awhile ... you guys are a cool bunch. I'm not in though BUT I'm waiting for your Egi pics :)

Edited by str8

dipps

I am in.

Thanks G!

Amit

The members of this board are some of the nicest I've never met, actually I've met a few now and they are all amazing guys.

Please count me in!

vexorg

i am in, i'm kicking myself for not getting one of those million dollar watches when they came up in robert's auction...

str8

Nice to read this once awhile ... you guys are a cool bunch. I'm not in though BUT I'm waiting for your Egi pics :)

I didn't look enough ... I found your pics GC. Nice ... :)

robbnj

I'm in if my picture is acceptable!

IMG_8840.jpg

Edited by robbnj