Sign in to follow this  
Mike 1108

What's the Better Rep currently available - PAM 312 or 359

Mike 1108

So - Hi guys.

I've been hanging out here for a while (6 months), doing some research and learning a little about the Rep world. I have to say it's been a great experience but I've come to the point where I'm ready to order a couple of watches. And, at the risk of sounding like the typical newbie, I'd like to see if anyone has any input regarding the two models I have in mind.

I've narrowed it down to two watches - the PAM 312 or PAM 359. They are basically the same watch with different dials. I like the 359 version - but it's not quite as popular. I'll get the A7750 version - I've learned that much thru the search function.

There's a lot of info on the 312 that says it's a great rep and very close in dial color and lume to the gen. I haven't seen much about the 359. Does anyone have the 359 (recent release) ? H or Noob ? And what's the verdict.... Is it as good quality as the 312 when compared to the gen ?

I found one review on the 359 from early 2011 but I don't know if that's the latest release available. I did a search on the 359, but it didn't turn up anything.

Any input would be appreciated. I like the 359, but if the 312 is a much better rep, I'll go that way. Mary says she can get either version.

Thanks,

Mike

part_timer

I have both.

PAM 312 but it's a PAM 328 on a bracelet.

You must get one on the bracelet, coz they are gorgeous bracelets + comfortable. B)

Lume is super on the 312/328. It's weaker on my 359, and I'm sure I got the latest version last autumn.

Just tell one of the dealers here you want the latest/best version of whichever u go for. Casebacks and crystal and movements look the same.

The 312 has the classic Pam look. The 359 the more unusual unique numerals of course.

IF I had to choose again and only one, I'd go for the 312/328 dial, beautiful. :)

King

Latest, best versions of 312/328 and 359 are made by the same maker, I believe. So it's essentially the same quality, case, CG, etc., except the case on the 359 is polished. Lume on the 359 slightly antiqued, so it is not as bright as the 312/328.

I love my 312/328 -- it has replaced my 005 as my daily wearer. I also got the 328 for the bracelet, and I got a custom strap to make it a 312.