Sign in to follow this  
sms

Credit Card question

sms

Does anyone else have trouble with their credit card charges going to fraud because the charge is to China? I've had that happen twice this week and never had an issue before. I'm not sure I've used this Visa card for overseas transactions before, but I probably have. I normally use Master Card though and it seems no one takes Master Card on the trusted dealer list. I'm trying to decide if it is just my bank or Visa in general, or just a pattern issue on the card. By the time they get me on the phone (VM) to verify the charges it has already been denied which requires me to resubmit the order. I'm not sure that's a good idea either, as multiple charges for the same purchase could wind up going though at some point. Any ideas or especially advice?

Greenhat

Yeah advice , get paypal

RichardMiami

I have used Visa with some of our TDs - also Western Union and Paypal. I have NEVER had a problem with any of them over payment or deliverables.

I wish I could same the same about some businesses here at home.......................

sms

Yeah advice , get paypal

I have paypal. The trusted dealers don't accept it for the most part as far as I can tell. I would certainly rather use it. I've bought from Timeshop, Mary, and Marvellous so far. Two take credit cards, the other Western Union. I can do that but it costs an extra 20 bucks. Maybe I just bought too much and it's time to stop. Once I found this place I had to find out how bad I've been getting ripped by Perfectwatches.net. They are definitely more expensive for the same low end stuff. I never did buy the pieces they claim have Swiss movements. I didn't believe it and my instincts on that were pretty good I suppose. I have gotten some decent watches from them in the 150-200 range, but I could likely have gotten them here for 100. IT's hard to say because I don't know what movements they use. they call it Japanese Miyota, but not I'm not sure how that stacks up to the 21j, 23j etc sold here on the cheaper autos. The manual wind Panerai I got from Marvellous is great, looks great, keeps really good time, and the lume is a lot better than I expected. I got some under 100 stuff from Timeshop that is OK, about the same quality I've paid 155-185 for at Perfectwatches. I haven't received the Breitling from mary yet, but I've read enough about it to be fairly certain I'll be pleased. I missed out on the UN in the member to member sale a couple of days ago, and now just have to have one. I don't know why. It's a sickness I think.

jeffw69

I have used credit card for Andrew and a few times I got a call from my bank's fraud dept. and I had to approve the charges.

Everyone else, I have used PP with no problems.

watchguysydney

Visa doesnt have anything to do with this - its all about the bank that issues the card and what they deem to be a risky merchant or geography. Ive had my card stopped when buying from an online merchant in the UK (I live in Australia). There are a number of triggers besides Geography that determine what happens to your transaction but this is all driven by the issuing bank. "Card no present" transactions will always raise questions not matter what the merchant does or where they are located.

str8
Visa doesnt have anything to do with this - its all about the bank that issues the card and what they deem to be a risky merchant or geography. Ive had my card stopped when buying from an online merchant in the UK (I live in Australia). There are a number of triggers besides Geography that determine what happens to your transaction but this is all driven by the issuing bank. "Card no present" transactions will always raise questions not matter what the merchant does or where they are located.

+1 and before making any card not present transactions, it's advisable to inform your card issuing bank so that they can uplift the fraud parameter settings on your account for a short time frame so that you can make your purchase. :)