Sign in to follow this  
Demsey

Dopplegangers

Demsey

Just a thought here Greg, RepGeek has a policy that I think is excellent and doesn't interfere, with my definition at least, of the laissez-faire policy of moderation.

That is the Admin. have a way of cross referencing ISP's so that members who insist on developing multiple-personalities, merely as a way to disrupt are outed and banned. Perhaps the banning policy is too strong, unless the act is unrelenting.

I know Dave, others, think I have been the author of hundreds of noms de plume, recently 'Meat' perhaps, 'Emporer Penguin', 'Decimus Junius Juvenalis' others, however that is not so. Catagorically. On a stack of Rolex 6263's. The genuine, not the Lemania replica stuff.

"Bullitt" was my brother's first account. He bought a few watches (when RWG had a sales policy) while on service leave, never posted socially. While BLADE was MIA, RWG was hacked and a lot of database was dumped, and accounts were compromised. I discovered my SN 'Demsey', other members' as well, would not respond to my/our passwords, nor could I get a ping back on the "lost/forgotten password' option. I took over "Bullitt" made several wide open announcements (topics) to the fact it were me, and carried on. Upon BLADE'S return he reconnected "Demsey". I may have used "Bullitt" a few times after that as a rib to jf, as he used to casually make allusion I posted as "Bad Demsey" while carrying that nick. That was the; new then laisse-faire era of RWG as we had no Webmaster, and no attentive moderation. 'GITMOMAN' was my brother's second account. While staying with us briefly he decided to carry on research to some new pieces. He did have a tete a` tete with member "Emzy" for about a long week-end, perhaps posted here or there, and while using my computer, did not sign out that account after each session. Seldom, I would click RWG from my favorites list, not paying good attention and post. Sometimes if it were a op/ed "Demsey" post I would edit, if it were a casual, generic post, I would not. And too during a period of heavy trolling in '04, I conncocted "Mr. Crowley" purposely to chase trolls around in the moderated environment, not caring if he were 'banned'. The ruse lasted all of three days until a Moderator sussed me out in short order as I failed to disguise my diction/style well enough. I outed myself in the forum, it was a lark, 'Mr. Cowley' 's post count was low double digits.

On TRC I was 'nixon' (lower case 'n' as a subtle personal slur to the politician) as I do not think it wise to carry the same nick from site to site on the internet. For reasons that may be all too clear to at least one member here who was compromised in no small way for doing just that :troll:

When TRC developed the policy; verified email address as login criteria, I no longer operated under the same ISP as when I registered. I invented 'Alto Palto' (a rock band I had once belonged as member) again made the announcement, and posted in my usual manner. I had kept an extremely low profile on TRC regardless.

On RG and rwgjr I were "Chancellor", breaking my own rule of SN redundancy, but I have no intention of contributing to those fine forums. Both times registering there was to connect, not participate, to infos and the RWG membership regarding RWG during it's extended 'off-line' sql error experiences. I did participate on RG with regard to the upcoming US election on a lark as a "German National" with another, sigh, E.U. opine with regard. After the election I outed myself. 'Anubis' binned and locked the threads. End of story.

So, after five years, that's the extent.

I do think though RG's policy a good one. It keeps members true enough, and in a way 'self moderates' them. As I had posted here somewhere, my definition of laissez-faire is not the free reign to 'do as one pleases', but freedom to express whom they truely are unrestrained. Let their actions and words, for their better or their worse through perception from others, define who they are. No masks.

greg_r

Well, there's a long and honourable history of amusing Dopplegangers on RWG, so I don't want to disallow it entirely. However, in the case of maliciousness, it's reasonably straightforward to trace a user's IP and auto-compare with that used by other board members. I already have the mechanism in place to do it if required.

It can get a little tricky when the miscreant in question is using an anonymizer proxy or if their ISP re-allocates dynamic IPs on a regular basis. It's even trickier if they log in as one ID from home and another from work, but even then there's the possibility of a little detective work, which usually pays dividends.

Thanks, Dems

Guest dave123

When Fakemaster was banned at RG,Sylar told me that he had around 20 (forget the amount) registered names attached to him..... :lol:

Nice life story Dems,slow day on the homefront?...

JohnG
my definition of laissez-faire

RG's policy is great for RG. The other forums have the same policy of no alternate id's. That is not the policy here.

AllergyDoc

Since we are confessing, I was Michael Phelps. His lawyers shut me down, though. Also, I was boring as MP.

Other than that, I've been me. What more could you ask for?

Demsey

You have no idea. Strangely enough, and you wouldn't think, but in a full blown economic depression 'go flying' is not as high on the household budget as say, insulin or food even. Where are the priorities I ask?

How is it North of the border? TSX is jamming. Today.

Demsey
Also, I was boring as MP.

I wasn't even aware we had a Michael Phelps. What was his post count?

We had a 'Mark Phelps' for the longest time. He was a tempered political pluralist who had no love for the Clintons and was an all around good guy. At first I read your post;

Since we are confessing, I was Mark Phelps...................

I almost fell into the keyboard. That would have been legendary..........

onzenuub

I am and allways will be the one and only Onzenuub :lol:

Guest dave123

You have no idea. Strangely enough, and you wouldn't think, but in a full blown economic depression 'go flying' is not as high on the household budget as say, insulin or food even. Where are the priorities I ask?

How is it North of the border? TSX is jamming. Today.

Things are good for me,i've had my best year to date as a duct sucker.... :rofl:

Was watching the news and heard mention that the stock thingy you guys pay attention to is doing well today,opec is cutting oil production and that means our dollar is getting a boost,it helps as them mexicans love your money and i have to go get a pile of it.

That shit all sticks together though,doesn't that drive ya nuts?.... :lol:

AllergyDoc

Dave sucks ducts.

;)

Demsey

Jeezus. What a fucking worthless topic. I had to have been drunk.

Dave saves the thread tho'.

Good one Doc.

ebzen02

He definitely does and if there is a member that should stay out of this place... I think he fits the bill. Probably the only person that has rubbed me the wrong way- not sure why. I think it's because he is truly cocky, crass, and obnoxious.

Demsey
I think it's because he is truly cocky, crass, and obnoxious.

Yeah, Dave had personal charm, that's for sure.

trailboss99

No need to be overly polite mate, say what ya feel. :)

Ah Dave, every now and again I miss him, then I remember . . . .

Col.

JohnG

I can see you haven't met Novesh yet.

:D

JoeyB

I can see you haven't met Novesh yet.

:lol:

Lol! He was even dumber than Baldy. 

Demsey
Ah Dave, every now and again I miss him, then I remember . . . .

Yeah. Dave is a lot like mixing Jägerbombs and Patron shots.

KBH