Sign in to follow this  
mbjoer

Milgauss from PWC

mbjoer

After the long wait, my watch has actually arrived. And since I did make quite some noise in order to get it, I at least ought to provide a little write-up about it.

The first point to mention is that it is a very in-expensive little Rollie. Even the gen is in the lower end of the Rolex price structure, and I went for the 21J version which put this one into the very affordable bracket.

I am not a great photographer, and there are better pictures of the watch elsewhere, but at least here is an attempt:

042.jpg

In short it is a great little watch. Fairly accurate replication, reasonable sweep and an excellent lume. And landed price in the UK £77.

One little niggle is that the crystal had some miniscule scratches when it arrived, and I doubt that they can be fixed.

Anyhow it does not bother me. Because the main problem I really have with this one is that it is too polished to my taste. But that is the way it is meant to be, so cannot complain.

It will be a great daily beater. I have had it presure tested, and it was OK to 3 atm, which is good enough for me to use it when I swim. May still have it opened and greased, just to get it totally water proof. And with some use I think it could end up suiting be just fine.

All in all: Happy with watch, and happy that I was not scammed after all...

Edited by mbjoer

greg_r

I find that a quick polish with a cape cod cloth generally removes minor scratches from mineral glass crystals without too much difficulty.

Watch looks great for the dough - very nice indeed! :lol:

trailboss99

Pity they still don't have the hands right on these yet.

Rep lume is improving out of sight in the last year or so. My Blue Surf is still readable after 8 hrs of darkness and that's about as good as you can hope for!

Col.

andy66

watches without a bezel dont really do it for me but i quite like that,especially the second hand,never noticed that before.

you were never going to get scammed mate,i just hope some of the people who were posting in your thread on rg hold there hands up and admit they were wrong.

jameo210369

Great buy for the price, I wouldn't wear her for swimming if I was you.