Sign in to follow this  
austin777

Date just reccomendation

austin777

Has anyone found a good spot to purchase near perfect quality datejusts? I know an admin wrote a great review on one but he got it from an outside guy. Silix has a great selection but I haven't read one review where someone didn't buy a cheapie from them and actually went with one of their high ends... I have a hard time trusting that silix differentiates the products of the $68 watches vs their $200+ dollar ones.

Thanks for the help and hopefully someone can give a good reccomendation. Looking to spend around 200 maybe more if the quality is there.

Member X

Has anyone found a good spot to purchase near perfect quality datejusts? I know an admin wrote a great review on one but he got it from an outside guy.

Eh? Link to this review??

All of the Trusted Dealers shop in the same place. Read their reviews, see who you like, email them with a picture of what you are looking for and they will send you information on what they can have that is close to it.

If you have only just joined, I recommend you do a LOT more reading because that is the only way you will know what is what :)

The search button is your friend... ;)

mbjoer

There are more than one factory making these.

Compare Sead's to Watcheden's. They are quite different and (surprisingly) I think Watcheden looks better on the pictures.

In particular I compared the DiCaprio model where Sead's has the numerals much more straight than Gen and WE's are curved like the Gen. Also the hour marker and the cyclops are a bit off on Sead's

In real life that may be different as other aspects like the print quality, gold wrapping and general finish may be in favour of the Sead version.

Edited by mbjoer

sconehead

yep, Mary or MR are the go to guys(and girls) for a decent Datejust....

dingle

..........and I was told by Rochest the factory that makes them should re-open this week :)