onzenuub

Breitling Montbrillant Legende

onzenuub

The new Montbrillant Legende has arrived, some pics from Joshua's site. For comparison a pic of a gen. Shame about the date. Since there is no Breitling area over here posted it in General Discussion.

Legende1.jpg

Legende2.jpg

Legende3.jpg

And the gen:

Legendegen.jpg

Guest dave123

Thats a really doctored up gen pic.

The date looks really good on the rep to me,the font is good and its a tad sunken,but its not bad really.

The bracelet is the killer for me,rep bracelets are a no go on my wrist,and there is no gen strap option that can be added to this watch,so i will be taking a pass on this watch,the gen is indeed awesome though,the TT version anyway.

AllergyDoc

When I look at that white dial I think "baseball." I like the Navi but this one doesn't do much for me.

Guest dave123
When I look at that white dial I think "baseball." I like the Navi but this one doesn't do much for me.

You yanks look at anything and think 'baseball'....don't ya?....

Size is nice though Doc,47x15.... :Jumpy:

onzenuub

You're right Doc, black dial looks better on this watch.

AllergyDoc
You yanks look at anything and think 'baseball'....don't ya?....

Size is nice though Doc,47x15.... :Jumpy:

Well, since you brought it up...

Baseball was my love when I was a kid--I lived and breathed baseball. I poured over the stats in the Sunday paper, memorizing them. We played ball in the street, up against the garage, in the backyard with a Whiffle bat and ball, at the school, in the vacant lot next door... anywhere.

Played it in high school until I figured out I couldn't hit the fastball--pulled my head. But I still followed the Majors religiously for years.

Then the players and owners could not come to an agreement in 1994, a strike was called, and the World Series was canceled. That was it for me. Both sides were wealthy yet they let pride rule the day and they screwed the people who fattened their bank accounts--the fans.

No mas baseball. :Jumpy:

I'll basketball and a little football, but never again baseball.

The black dial does look better on this watch.

oscarmadfish

nice watch-black dial

Guest dave123

Thats funny.

I watched baseball as a kid thru the 80's,loved the Blue Jays,i enjoyed it more than hockey actually,then the Jays won the two world series in '92 and '93 i was loving it....

Then the strike in '94...i have not watched one game since.

AllergyDoc

A guy named Jerry Garvin pitched for the Jays from 1977-82. I think that was the team's first year. He went 10-18, not bad for an expansion team. It was all downhill from there. I think he got injured. He was one of my buds growing up.

Found his baseball card :Jumpy:

jerry_garvin_autograph.jpg

Edited by AllergyDoc

Demsey
No mas baseball. :Jumpy:

I feel that way about NASCAR. It is all the unsavory cliche's people pick it apart for being, but living in Daytona I had an 'in' to some of the behind the scenes stuff and personalities. There is a lot going on there that doesn't meet the eye, like; no steroids, drugs, dog fights, wife beatings, thug life, garrish bling and bizzare depravity that seems to plague modern day "ball sports". Just, you know, good old fashioned American alchoholism, horsepower, and hot dogs. Kids love the 'spectacle' of it all, and if you can drag your wife, it's actually quite 'family'.

But, it's turned into something else; big corporate glut. If you 'aint as pretty as Jeff Gordon or Jimmy Johnson, and can sell the crap out of some sponsors 'product' you are out. The King, Richard Petty, and his awesome legendary talent wouldn't have ever been considered in this current environment. He's not gorgeous enough, and talks too funny. Those are his words.

As all my fav drivers rotated out, the Mark Martins (who's still kind of in it, but not really) Ricky Rudds, Rusty Wallaces, Ernie Ervans, Bill Elliots, I got tired of being the France Family's 'Ho. They would restrict the cooler sizes down to "six pack" size, and charge $4 a can of beer at the concessions and delay all the races to mid-afternoon green flag starts so people would get bored and shop the midway. Good tickets in the towers where you can see the entire circuit are $250+ and parking starting at $45 and a half mile walk to the entrance.

Screw 'em.

Oh yeah, Breitling. Being a 'pilot's' watch, you'd think it would be a no brainer. Too busy dials for me. Hate the look actually. Like they all look like Breitling for Bently Bling to me. I didn't even know Shaq flew. Then there's Dave. So.

Edited by Demsey

AllergyDoc

Never saw anything in racing.

My image is, my now-deceased step-father-in-law sitting in front of his 54" TV watching racing. His big bulbous red nose (think W.C. Fields), thick gold chains (was a union thug most of his life, followed by owning a pawn shop--is there a difference?), and open shirt showing his big, hairy stomach. Used to scare my kids to death.

Demsey
.................. NASCAR. It is all the unsavory cliche's people pick it apart for being

My image is, my now-deceased step-father-in-law sitting in front of his 54" TV watching racing. His big bulbous red nose (think W.C. Fields), thick gold chains (was a union thug most of his life, followed by owning a pawn shop--is there a difference?), and open shirt showing his big, hairy stomach. Used to scare my kids to death.

Yeah, that would be it. I, however, would prefer Grey Poupon on my hot dogs, if that dillutes your image though. And still, there are two directions for kids to take with regard to 'role models'. Follow them, then again, run away from them.

Edited by Demsey

JohnG
His big bulbous red nose, thick gold chains, and open shirt showing his big, hairy stomach.

Sounds like the Brits on the Costa del Sol.

:Jumpy:

AllergyDoc

Big fat slobs are universal.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Onze. Buy one of the big Breitlings and give us your opinion.

Poohmonster

Love Breitlings but not a fan of the Legende.........looks like something out of the 1980's..........

greg_r
Since there is no Breitling area over here posted it in General Discussion.

Whoops! Major oversight on my part. I'll add a Breit area in the Photo Gallery later today. Sorry!

greg_r
Since there is no Breitling area over here posted it in General Discussion.

Whoops! Major oversight on my part. I'll add a Breit area in the Photo Gallery later today. Sorry!

Correction as I'm evidently not awake yet :) - there is, and always has been a Breitling area in the photo gallery/reviews area (same as on the old board).

JohnG

yeah but don't post over there or what the hell will we post in GD? If all the watch posts go into sub forums, there will be nothing to post here...

Guest dave123

Sure there would be...we could talk baseball cards and Nascar.

JohnG
Sure there would be...we could talk baseball cards and Nascar.

Only at the risk of getting harrassed by the fascists.

onzenuub

Threadcrappers :beer:

onzenuub

And a video review: