Sign in to follow this  
marblesmike

New Omega SMP 2531.80 from Mary/Rochest

marblesmike

I'll use this thread to post more pictures and hopefully get a discussion going. Here's my review from the feedback page for Watchinternational:

Despite Mary's illness and the impending factory raids, Rochest was helpful and for the most part timely with responding to my emails. As for the watch itself, it is spectacular--by far the best repro I've ever seen! It is almost entirely accurate to its gen counterpart. The only "flaws" I've noticed are the lack of the Omega symbol/globe stamp on the back casing as seen in this photo of a gen below:

caseback2-500x331.jpg

and the red part of the second hand is a little longer on the gen:

bondreflect.jpg

Also, the lume is kinda weak. It is way more powerful on the hands, but the dial's lume is almost non-existent....but other than that, I love this watch and it's gotten so many looks! A couple of my friends asked me how I paid for it, assuming it's the real deal! Overall this was a great transaction and as soon as things settle with the factories over in China I'll be sure to order a couple more watches! I've got a thing for Omegas, and I'm a huge Philadelphia Flyers fan, so the pumpkin PO looks very appealing to go with my orange Flyers shirts and jerseys! Rochest, thanks for your hard work and help with this!

Here are a couple photos I took with my phone. I'll try to get better ones soon!

c36020120328093257.jpg

c36020120328093516.jpg

The color is closer to the gen's than this photo would make it seem, but overall I'm a very happy customer!

Edited by marblesmike

Chavezzito

Great watch and great review...wear it proudly!

NFleischer

Classic watch. Is that the ETA version?

wolfpacker

Looks incredible. Yet another watch to add to the wishlist.

Frazzle

That is a great replica, I have the gen with no globe stamp. So you mean yours came with a globe stamp?

marblesmike

Nope, the picture above with the globe stamp was from a gen in a review I found on google. It has the Swiss ETA movement. Moves beautifully.

I think I'm going to get the lume redone though, or maybe buy a gen dial. Where can one find gen parts like dials?

Frazzle

If it helps I just took some photos with my camera phone of mine for reference. To be fair I bought mine second hand about 6 years ago and the guy who had it before me had it for at least 2 years so it's not in the greatest of shapes.

Omega were great the other day, one of the strap pins came loose and I took it to the new bond street boutique and they replaced it for free. Small job but the strap has a pin and two sort of shims per link and Omega could charge why they want I'm sure. Great service and I only paid £250 for the watch 6 years ago.

fa765d35.jpg

956fc19c.jpg

5865e880.jpg

Frazzle

3f7cde8f.jpg

Lume shot for comparison.

I'd be interested in how you think your rep compares and how much you paid.

I've been half tempted to sell it to release some income to buy a rep version of it and have some money spare for another rep.

My wife thinks I'd be disappointed with a rep version of it. Ah what does she know but to be fair she's normally right and knows how picky I am about things.

ks653

You have a gen omega and still asking for free watches mate.... I hope u donate them for VIP raffle some time in the future :-)

If it helps I just took some photos with my camera phone of mine for reference. To be fair I bought mine second hand about 6 years ago and the guy who had it before me had it for at least 2 years so it's not in the greatest of shapes.

Omega were great the other day, one of the strap pins came loose and I took it to the new bond street boutique and they replaced it for free. Small job but the strap has a pin and two sort of shims per link and Omega could charge why they want I'm sure. Great service and I only paid £250 for the watch 6 years ago.

fa765d35.jpg

956fc19c.jpg

5865e880.jpg

Frazzle
You have a gen omega and still asking for free watches mate.... I hope u donate them for VIP raffle some time in the future :-)

fa765d35.jpg

956fc19c.jpg

5865e880.jpg

It's a fair point you raise, like I said I bought the watch 6/7 years ago from a work colleague for well next to nothing £250 for a 2 year old watch worth 4 times that. Plus it was at a time when I was young free and single with a disposable income. Ah those were the days. Im still relatively young but now enjoy the troubles of a mortgage, 2 children, a wife and one wage lol. My gen days are a distant flitting memory. But the addiction and appeal of the reps is hard to shun. For now I'm content browsing the forum and chewing the fat with its great members!

Dr Yan

Its a rep :Whistle:

Frazzle

Nice try Dr Yan but this ones no rep. Lol. Suffice to say 6 years ago, I know for sure the factories weren't knocking out watches like my one. For sure, nowadays I'd agree it is increasingly difficult to tell.

ks653

Haha... I was only kidding man... I feel ur pain.. Mortgage + kids = no savings!

fa765d35.jpg

956fc19c.jpg

5865e880.jpg

It's a fair point you raise, like I said I bought the watch 6/7 years ago from a work colleague for well next to nothing £250 for a 2 year old watch worth 4 times that. Plus it was at a time when I was young free and single with a disposable income. Ah those were the days. Im still relatively young but now enjoy the troubles of a mortgage, 2 children, a wife and one wage lol. My gen days are a distant flitting memory. But the addiction and appeal of the reps is hard to shun. For now I'm content browsing the forum and chewing the fat with its great members!