Sign in to follow this  
teddy25

Release button issue ETA movement

teddy25

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my Omega Railmaster replica with ETA movement. I do not exactly know the ETA number because Omega 2500 is engraved on the movement.

The problem happened after refitting the crown in the movement. I pushed the release button and refitted the crown but it didn't lock anymore. After a lot of attempts I pushed the release button with a smaller screwdriver and this was stuped. The release button went to deep in the movement and doesn't come back. I used a small needle and tried to get the round released button back in the centre of the hole but it doesn't come back anymore.

I never disassembeld a movement but I have all equipment to do this and I would like to try it. Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks

Luthier

Congratulations, you fucked up keyless work.

NCRich

Not helpful luth.

WebWind

Probably you need to fix keyless works.

If you want to fix it try it, but you can end with non working movement. Worth to ask our trusted watchsmiths (CONUS) or KeNnY (EU) depending where are you located.

Luthier

I know, it's not helpful, but I'd ask an advice BEFORE plugging in the screwdriver into the watch.

Now only watchsmith is helpful.

teddy25

Hi Guys thanks for the replies. I removed the stem from more watches suscessful and this time there was a problem. I just removed the dial and saw that a metal part was bend a little bit by the keyles work. It looks like I can fix it with a tutorial from this forum (tutorial about assembly of keyless work). I agree it was not a good idea to use a flatter screwdriver but I think everybody can make a mistake when starting repair on movements.

I am always open for feedback and information about watchmaking. I will try to repair the movement tomorrow. If it doesn't work I will probably replace it.

teddy25

I fixed the movement :) Nothing was damaged only the release button was pushed in to far but it was easy to put back thanks to the tutorial. My first movement repair :)

WebWind
:)

onionbag

Congratulations, you fucked fixed up keyless work.

Fixed that fer ya! :D

teddy25

Does anybody know how to remove the stem from the crown? I need to reduce the length with 1 mm. It seems te be glued or so (I can not unscrew it). Do I need to heat the stem a little bit with a solder iron tip to loosen the glue (if there is any glue)?

Frazzle
I fixed the movement Nothing was damaged only the release button was pushed in to far but it was easy to put back thanks to the tutorial. My first movement repair

Well done mate for giving it a go, I wouldn't have a clue even with a tutorial. :)

teddy25

Thank you for the compliments :)

At the moment I am waiting for a "light tent" and than I can start making pictures of my work and watch modifications.

greg_r

If you want to fix it try it, but you can end with non working movement. Worth to ask our trusted watchsmiths (CONUS) or KeNnY (EU) depending where are you located.

Correction - our EU-based trusted watchsmith is Wiz...

10:10 Watch Repair

Is it me, or wasn't Kenny a TD?

WebWind

Correction - our EU-based trusted watchsmith is Wiz...

I am sorry. How can I forget Wiz... :facepalm: