Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

Image hosting problems

RolexAddict

I will have a little more time now to be again more active on the board. My problem, I do 10 things at the same time and now I delayed many projects,

I am really srewed off now with imagecave. I have also an account with ImageShak who allows me right now to have an avatar, a signature and post a few pics on topics. But imageshak is also slow and down from time to time.

My problem now is that all my articles in the "Watch &Repair" section, randomly do not show pics, this is not really good. So I ask you to let me the time to find a good free image hosting website and re-upload all the documents and restaure everything. Fortunately, all my pics and articles are double stored and safe on a hard disk at home and CDroms as well as all my professional work.

I have paid last year for 2 accounts on imagecave to get more space. One time they cancelled all my albums, I never known the reason. I stopped to pay and "ripped them off" by opening lot of free accounts using lot of different email adresses, ID and passwords.

I ask myself how them manage right now their troubles with companies who use them to store images...

Luthier

Why don't you use Photobucket??????????

Reliable, like a rock!!! And free.

greg_r

+1

ImageCave and their hosting company are both run by a husband/wife team - it's a really badly-run operation from what I've read. Just a bunch of complete amateurs.

Photobucket, Smugmug or Flickr would be my choice short of just renting some server space and doing it myself (the latter is what I actually do).

trailboss99

+1, can't go past Photo Bucket. They have been at it longer than anyone and it shows.

Col.

NFleischer

I was having alot of trouble with photobucket last week- i couldn't upload anything.

now that i upgraded (ie. paid!!) its working fine. maybe its not free anymore?

Novesh

photo bucket is awesome...been using it forever and a day only have 1 issue and it was a cookie problem

Luthier
I was having alot of trouble with photobucket last week- i couldn't upload anything.

now that i upgraded (ie. paid!!) its working fine. maybe its not free anymore?

Sure they're free. Maybe it's your browser, not Photobucket?

I never had any problems, except once they deleted the picture of Mickelangelo statue, naked Venus.

I sent them email, describing them the level of their stupidity in very harsh words, next day it was restored.

KBH

I like photobucket but like Luthier says, they're not shy about deleting anything that shows a little tits or ass. They've deleted several of my avatars.

Luthier
I like photobucket but like Luthier says, they're not shy about deleting anything that shows a little tits or ass. They've deleted several of my avatars.

No, they don't care tits and covered asses, but pussies... no way it will stay more than a day.

I just curious - do they really have thousands of watchers to see what people d/loading on their accounts?

onzenuub

No, they don't care tits and covered asses, but pussies... no way it will stay more than a day.

I just curious - do they really have thousands of watchers to see what people d/loading on their accounts?

Nope, they have software to find it.

trailboss99

Lock the folder. End of problem.

Do you guys leave your pages open for anyone to stroll thru?

Col.