Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Repair options for a dead 177

Member X

Ok, I have already started a thread previously re: my dead H-Factory (i.e. low-beat) 177Mv2, and have spoken to the very kind Wiz who has supplied me with a good price to swap in a new high-beat movement and the new hands that will likely be needed:) but I had a thought at the weekend...

Do I:

- buy a high-beat movement from Kuvarsit for $80 (+ shipping?), send it to Wiz, get it swapped into the case and the dial swapped over, and add new hands if required and waterproof it (likely total cost $150 or so with all shipping included)

or...

- buy a whole new high-beat 247 for $205ish (including shipping), remove the entire internals in one piece (movement, dial, hands) and pop it into the 177 case, then sell the 247 caseset for a reasonable sum of money

??

:unsure:

(The change of dial and hands would hopefully cure the issue of the H-Factory lume being a bit too green.)

Now I type it it would seem that unless I can sell the 247 caseset for $65+, it is likely to cost more than sorting the new movement and sending it to wiz, plus I would have to do the work myself (which I'm fairly confident in doing) and it wouldn't be waterproof tested... But getting the new dial and hands would mean that the lume was nearer the correct colour (i.e. less green than the H-Factory lume)...

I could always ask if the noobfactory or the 247 factory is willing to sell movement and dial and hands only, but I'm sure that would not end up saving any money!

Dilemma!! :( :lol:

Del

I'd send it to Wiz - less hassle and you're going to get a well finished watch at the end of it. The other way, you need to buy another rep, hope it's ok, take it apart, transplant the internals and hope they fit exactly, then hopefully sell the empty case, which you might not at the price you think you'll get for it!

No dilemma for me! ;)

watchmonger

I'd send it to Wiz - less hassle and you're going to get a well finished watch at the end of it. The other way, you need to buy another rep, hope it's ok, take it apart, transplant the internals and hope they fit exactly, then hopefully sell the empty case, which you might not at the price you think you'll get for it!

No dilemma for me! ;)

+1

J.Eric

The easiest option is (usually) the best option.

Just saying...............

Member X

All good points, thank you :)

I might email Mary / rochest and see if they can source just a noobfactory 111 dial and hands so I can sort the lume issue (I understand 111 and 177 are the same dial), then order the Kuvarsit movement...

Member X

Dammit!!

F'ing typical, Kuvarsit has no stock of highbeat movements and has said by email that they have no stock for 8 months...

8 months!!!

Arse :(

KeNnY

Dammit!!

F'ing typical, Kuvarsit has no stock of highbeat movements and has said by email that they have no stock for 8 months...

8 months!!!

Arse :(

Ask Mary for the movements or try Trevor

Crusader

If this was my defective 177 and if it has closed case back (if :D ), I would order movement from Jackson and walla, there you have working watch.

But you probably want writing, not sterile movement :)

Member X

Yah, it's display back so engraved movement would be best :(

I asked Rochest about movements (and dials/hands, in that I could buy them all together and swap them straight in) but I don't think factories want to sell spares!