Sign in to follow this  
sam1965uk

Buying My First Rep Watch

sam1965uk

Hi All

My Name is Sam And Looking To Get My First Rep Watch I have Been looking at the Breitling Or Tag Range & Poss The Chopard would love some ideas if you have any not looking to spend a fortune but i want something that looks wright for my first one

Many Thanks

Sam

Mazz

Hi mate welcome aboard. Have a look at the trusted dealers here.

Also be sure the read the stickies in the new member intro area BEFORE you buy a watch. Have fun read allot and don't. E afraid to ask questions after you have tried the search function.

And be sure to visit the museum.

Member X

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum. As above, take some time to read as much as you can! The review sections are a good place to start, and the Wristie threads in General Discussion each week are a great opportunity to see what is available and what people are wearing :)

gran

Welcome to the forum

thedoccwc

As those above have said, read, read, read.

It's easy to come here salivating with desire and wanting to jump into buying watches as quickly as you can (that's what I did anyway), but slow down there, take a moment, admire the shop frontage in the mall, the patrons wandering around, the drunkards asleep in the fountain etc.

Peruse every nook and cranny - enjoy the process of learning about the dealers, the reps which are great, the movements, the forummers not to piss off etc.

If you're anything like me, you'll have two watches in mind which you're definitely planning to buy first.....and then you'll buy a watch which you initially hated but came to love, followed by a watch which you'd never heard of before getting here.

In summary, this place is the mutts fucking nuts.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

Have a good look around and do your homework before ordering. Enlightened you will be....:yoda:

bronco bullit

welcome aboard Sam :pirate: