Sign in to follow this  
landwomble

rep quality - yardsticks

landwomble

Hi All,

I'm an owner of a Narikaa 45mm Planet Ocean, a custom Getatwatch PAM homage and a gen Omega SMP. All excellent watches - what I'd be interested in is if the Narikaa PO is way above usual rep quality, or if it's pretty normal. I've got a feeling if I were to go for another rep I might end up being disappointed - what do you guys think? In the ~£100 range, is there much that'll top this or the Getatwatches for quality, or am I spoilt by these?

Cheers guys,

Ric

jameo210369

I know all the guys rave about the Getat's they are great build and style quality.

The Planet Ocean is a good rep, you can get 2 grades of rep, basic model for around $100 good to top rep will normally cost from $250 to $500 depending on dealer.

Have you got any pics of the PO??

greg_r

There are other reps of that kinda quality in the $100 region, but there's also a lot of junk.

Ultimately it depends on what you want - Robert sells quite a few good reps in that sort of price range (and is about the only dealer I know of who doesn't seem to sell ANY junk).

KBH

I think that Narikaa's PO is about the best $100 buy I've had. The Noobmariner is close, though.

landwomble
I know all the guys rave about the Getat's they are great build and style quality.

The Planet Ocean is a good rep, you can get 2 grades of rep, basic model for around $100 good to top rep will normally cost from $250 to $500 depending on dealer.

Have you got any pics of the PO??

No pics to hand (although loads on the board here and at rwgforums, he's sold loads) but they're really nice. I've tried a real one on, I've a gen SMP sitting next to it, and they're really quite nicely built. I can't tell them apart from the gen really. I figured I'd been lucky with my choices so far...!

jameo210369

It is all about what you like landwomble, so reps like Rolex I hate; and others like Tag I like.

As Greg says every rep has flaws, but some are stunning, if you like it then wear it.

Personally I love Omega, they are a great brand and the PO is a great watch.

sconehead

For £100 or less you can easily get an Asian Breitling Steelfish, maybe even an ETA clone. Do your homework though, there are different versions out there but it's still one of the closest reps there is...:lol:

prestigewatchco

There are loads of nice quality reps around $100-$149 Panerai/Rolex/Oris/UN/Cartier/UN/Chanel just name a few. You need to avoid places like watcheden/etc as they stock the cheaper Chinese grade as well

KBH

Oh yeah, I forgot about Robert's Steelfish. Another great rep for the money.

DSCN2503.jpg

DSCN2497.jpg

DSCN2499.jpg

oscarmadfish

i think i need a steelfish

greg_r

Will we have to start calling you Oscarsteelfish?

:irish_dance:

Luthier

Will we have to start calling you Oscarsteelfish?

He's already Oscarslyfish.

KinCaidk

How much is Robert's steelfish? (that sentence sounded odd)

trailboss99

Dunow about the steelfish but TOADIES REVIEW of the skyland makes me want one!

Col.

landwomble
Dunow about the steelfish but TOADIES REVIEW of the skyland makes me want one!

Col.

love this kind of review - amazing, absolutely bang on target and incredibly informative. Unfortunately, I now want one too...!

pollux1

Does anyone have a decent navitimer? That and the best Pam I can find are the only two rep purchases I'll be making for a while as the rest just do nothing for me.

Member X

My IWC (in the review area) was a great $108 buy! It's one of my favourites :( but as the gen is $40k I can't wear it everywhere I want to, like the wedding at the weekend! :) lol