Sign in to follow this  
baxter

Rolex Sub YG - problem with the gold.

dingle

dingle - definitely a different colour but i dont think it's rose gold its paler but still has a yellowish tone, especially the middle polished links. The biggest difference is in the brushed links.

I paid $ 338.00 + $35.00 delivery.

for that price, this needs to be made right for sure. PM me if you need any help :)

baxter

Thanks Dingle, i'll see what reply i get for my email.

baxter

reply as follows :

"I will try to send you another bracelet.. OK? If not, I can also throw in a nylon strap for you. Many thanks"

not sure what to make of that, i would probably do more than try or is this lost in translation?

Pentax

This sounds like, I dont know if i can get the bracelet but would you be ok with a nylon strap? ;)

Hope that it gets sorted out soon, dont worry it will Admin on this forum will make sure of it ;)

baxter

pentax,

thanks, i'm not really feeling a nylon strap on a gold sub !!

Amit

how will you know if new bracelet matches any better.

Crusader

I think he ments new gold bracelet + NATO strap for your trouble... I would take that. And he should cover the shipping.

Just don't put the Nato on the gold sub when you get it :D

DarkGlass

reply as follows :

"I will try to send you another bracelet.. OK? If not, I can also throw in a nylon strap for you. Many thanks"

not sure what to make of that, i would probably do more than try or is this lost in translation?

Sound like a good resolution, I'd take the offer

Amit

no to me it seems like he's saying if he can't source new bracelet for you then he will send a nylon strap to you instead!

I say whatcha talkin bout Willis.

That watch should not have been sent to you as i said before.

The dealer needs to get a bracelet that matches up with the watch

dingle

I am helping baxter get this sorted.....

.....he indeed deserves another bracelet

baxter

how will you know if new bracelet matches any better.

i'm assuming that he knows what colour it has to be from the photo i sent him - but yes i wonder about the colour matching, fingers crossed i guess.

kwatch

Woof, man for the price the OP paid he should at the very least get a matching bracelet with this watch! Hope it all gets sorted out!

jeffw69

Sheeeet, for that price, I'd want my dick sucked too.

Amit

You expect to get sucked of by a person in china as well as receive a watch?

jeffw69

You expect to get sucked of by a person in china as well as receive a watch?

:lol:

yes, long time!

Amit

i suppose for $5

DFH

I have never seen that kind of color variartion - almost like it's on purpose!!!

crossbones

Damn buddy! Who are you getting your watches from nowadays?

I have been getting screwed. Or I guess, not screwed depending on how you wanna look at it :D

sam77

That watch screams FAKE!! is not right, thats why i dont like ( PVD OR GOLD PLATED) you never know the quality

sorry about that my friend :mellow:

sam77

no to me it seems like he's saying if he can't source new bracelet for you then he will send a nylon strap to you instead!

I say whatcha talkin bout Willis.

That watch should not have been sent to you as i said before.

The dealer needs to get a bracelet that matches up with the watch

RGC002-willis.jpg there you go!!

J.Eric

Man that sucks. Hope everything works out for you.

baxter

cheers all - i'll let you know what happens - A disappointing first experience - Think i'll go SS from now on until i've got a bit more experience of who can be trusted with gold.

baxter

ok i'm struggling with the correspondence here ... this is it so far and i'm not really getting a satisfactory answer as you will see :

Hi **************

I have just received my watch which overall is very good.

However I have a problem - the bracelet is a different shade of gold to the watch case. The watch case is a deep yellow colour but the bracelet is a much paler colour gold. ( see attached image )

I was not expecting this as I ordered the best quality

The problem was not obvious from the QC pics

Is it normal to have such a difference in colour between the bracelet and the watch case ?

This is a real shame because other than this I am very happy with the quality of the watch and the service and would have no hesitation in ordering stainless steel models.

Please advise me of your thoughts on this matter.

Regards

Jez

REPLY : I will try to send you another bracelet.. OK? If not, I can also throw in a nylon strap for you. Many thanks

Hi *********

I’m not sure I understand – when you sat you will TRY to send me another bracelet, are you saying that you might not be able to get me another bracelet ?

Another bracelet would be acceptable if the colour is correct and it can be shipped quickly.

can you tell from the photo I sent you what the colour of the bracelet should be ?

How Long would it take for the new bracelet to be delivered ?

Thanks

Jez.

REPLY : I can try to send another bracelet but may be the same one from the same batch

Hi **********

If that is the case then what do you suggest to put this problem right ?

REPY : I can send you a nylon strap and another strap if you need. Thanks

AS you can see i'm not really getting very far with this as all the dealer seems to be offering is a bracelet that he has no way of guaranteeing will be correct. Should i just insist that he exchanges the watch ( which i'm guessing is a massive pain in the arse and takes a good while to sort out )

g.man

I wouldn't return the watch as that will doubtless turn out to be a clusterfuck.

What I would do is accept the offer of a new bracelet and a nylon strap as well.

If the new bracelet does not match then I would go down this frankly awesome road...

471_SHELLRX168018K-01.jpg

Suggest a google image search for "Submariner on Bund," for further ideas.

regards

g.man

dalboy

Baxter,

Given the watch is gold, don't you think that a nylon strap would look odd !!!!! If any replacement other than the gold is suppled should it not be Brown leather with deployment clasp, this perhaps would be more inkeeping with the colour and look of the watch.

Seems to me that other than returning the watch would be your only viable option, even then, will they guarantee uniformaty of colour. then there is the issue of exspense and time to replace it.

Possibly you best option would be to return it in exchange for the ss model, not what you want i know but that way you can wait untill later on in the year with a different production run and maybe run the gauntlet again. just an idea ....good luck with it anyway.