Sign in to follow this  
baxter

Rolex Sub YG - problem with the gold.

baxter

G man : that does indeed look awesome and i would do it - what's frustrating me is that i paid top dollar for a full gold watch, the dealer has seen the photos which are screaming " This is so fucking wrong " and is not really saying to me anything which constitutes a guaranteed solution to the problem. I know what you are saying though - welcome to the world of reps lol !!

Dalboy the SS solution would probably be a sensible route to go down if i agree to return the watch.

Has anyone here had to return a watch and if so how much of a pain is it and how long does it usually take to get sorted.

Thanks

Jez.

RichyRichRolex

Could you have all stripped down and dipped/plated gold? Had the wife's DJ dipped in WG by CLS and now it pops man.

baxter

Nice idea - who's CLS ( and which country) and how much does it cost i'm in the uk.

cheers

jez

jeffw69

and the dealer is?

Amit

Could you have all stripped down and dipped/plated gold? Had the wife's DJ dipped in WG by CLS and now it pops man.

Hmmm that's an interesting idea, how much that set you back?

Cyril_Clunge

and the dealer is?

+1

baxter

cyril and jeff - i was waiting until i had a resolution one way or another to reveal the name of the dealer as it seems only fair to give them a chance to put things right.

jez.

dingle

it is not one of our board trusted dealers, but is categorized as "other" trusted dealers.......at any rate, myself and some other forum mods are handling this. As with any issue, it IS being handle and I feel it will be resolved shortly......

SecretAgentMan

Thats a definitely different color on the case & band.........its not a rose gold color on the casing so I dont know why its so way off. You want the gold to look like this:

EbayStuff004.jpg

Edited by SecretAgentMan

Cyril_Clunge

No worries, just that I'm about to use a dealer for the first time and wanted to make sure that it wasnt the same one! Having read back through the thread I've realised who it is.

Hope you get it sorted quickly Jez.

baxter

Thats a definitely different color on the case & band.........its not a rose gold color on the casing so I dont know why its so way off. You want the gold to look like this:

EbayStuff004.jpg

yes thats exactly what i want it to look like !! nice !!

Edited by baxter

RichyRichRolex

CLS is one of our trusted MOD guys, he is in the ConUs and I know he is backed up @ the moment, I would shoot him a note for the hell of it anyway. As far as setting me back it wasn't much @ all to be honest, I rather not say how much as all jobs are different prices and should be discussed with CLS/CHRIS directly and not compared to others jobs. He is very fair in pricing by far.

baxter

CLS is one of our trusted MOD guys, he is in the ConUs and I know he is backed up @ the moment, I would shoot him a note for the hell of it anyway. As far as setting me back it wasn't much @ all to be honest, I rather not say how much as all jobs are different prices and should be discussed with CLS/CHRIS directly and not compared to others jobs. He is very fair in pricing by far.

Thanks for the info RichyRich

SecretAgentMan

The mods will clear up your situation & you will eventually receive what you asked for, just be patient because when you deal with reps, everything takes time..........

P4GTR

From the replies Im pretty sure who you're dealing with. The gold plate can't be fixed by replacing the bracelet or watch, so maybe see about getting a stainless and sending back the gold one. Push for cross shipment so you aren't waiting months.

baxter

P4GTR

What is cross shipment ? I assume we both send the watches at the same time.

cheers

Jez.

RichyRichRolex

Cross shipment means you send back and they send you @ same time while both confirming with tracking info. No harm or foul, I like the stainless replace idea myself. Go DSSD baby.

baxter

Cross shipment means you send back and they send you @ same time while both confirming with tracking info. No harm or foul, I like the stainless replace idea myself. Go DSSD baby.

sounds like a plan Richy - waiting to see if the mods can work some magic for me ;-)

baxter

Quick update on progress : The dealer has agreed that i will send the watch back and choose another ( probably SS ) and he will cross ship for me so feeling much happier now.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and thanks especially to Dingle and crossbones for their help in getting this sorted out.

I'll post some pics of whatever i get when i get it.

Cheers

Jez.

Edited by baxter

olly593

Great outcome the trusted dealers are hear for a reason

All praise Dingle and Crossbones

James.

[quote name=g.man' timestamp='1334749338' post='44032

8]I wouldn't return the watch as that will doubtless turn out to be a clusterfuck.

What I would do is accept the offer of a new bracelet and a nylon strap as well.

If the new bracelet does not match then I would go down this frankly awesome road...

471_SHELLRX168018K-01.jpg

Suggest a google image search for "Submariner on Bund," for further ideas.

regards

g.man

This photo is the exact reason I bought my gold sub and black bund strap. Fantastic combo and not too flashy. Really pops imo. But if u weren't buying your sub for that purpose to remove the band id be pretty bummed.

baxter

[quote name=g.man' timestamp='1334749338' post='44032

8]I wouldn't return the watch as that will doubtless turn out to be a clusterfuck.

What I would do is accept the offer of a new bracelet and a nylon strap as well.

If the new bracelet does not match then I would go down this frankly awesome road...

471_SHELLRX168018K-01.jpg

Suggest a google image search for "Submariner on Bund," for further ideas.

regards

g.man

This photo is the exact reason I bought my gold sub and black bund strap. Fantastic combo and not too flashy. Really pops imo. But if u weren't buying your sub for that purpose to remove the band id be pretty bummed.

I agree it does look great on the bund but i really wanted a full gold - i've always been a Stainless steel man but have been fancying FG for a while now, as stated earlier it's an itch i've just got to scratch so ill get a ss for now to draw a line under this transaction and try again at a later date for a gold.

baxter

Just to draw a line under this one and let everyone know how it finished up i agreed with the dealer to pick another watch for the same value and he would cross send for me. picked the same model in stainless steel but with an asian movement ( 3135 ) and received it yesterday, very happy with the outcome and the dealer was true to his word in cross sending for me. Really nice watch, great feel and fantastic blue lume and happy with the quick after sales service to get this rectified.

Thanks again to everyone for your help and in particular Dingle and crossbones.

p1010755p.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1010754r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dingle

congrats mate :)

baxter

Thanks good to get it sorted :thumbsup: