Sign in to follow this  
baxter

Rolex Sub YG - problem with the gold.

Hazz

Being honest, I think you were lucky to get a faulty watch, the Gold does not have as much class as SS. SS oozes quality and good looks, gold.....flashy git.lol

Enjoy the watch and the beter movement. Looks real smart.

trailboss99

Glad it all worked out mate but with two of the best on your side it was bound to.

baxter

Being honest, I think you were lucky to get a faulty watch, the Gold does not have as much class as SS. SS oozes quality and good looks, gold.....flashy git.lol

Enjoy the watch and the beter movement. Looks real smart.

cheers Hazz,

This flashy little Git still wants a gold one though !! Is the Asian movement is better than the swiss eta ? ( new to this )

Glad it all worked out mate but with two of the best on your side it was bound to.

cheers dude .

Hazz

The 3135 is a Rolex design, 31 jewels and runs at 28,800vph

baxter

cheers Hazz and yes great forum !!

crossbones

Oh man that does look great! Glad this worked out.

You first rep Rolex? I suggest you go buy a box of condoms. :D

gtwc

100% nicer than your 3 or 4 tone gold !

:giggle:

Hazz

Ditto

P4GTR

Quick update on progress : The dealer has agreed that i will send the watch back and choose another ( probably SS ) and he will cross ship for me so feeling much happier now.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and thanks especially to Dingle and crossbones for their help in getting this sorted out.

I'll post some pics of whatever i get when i get it.

Cheers

Jez.

That's great. I'm glad the proposed solution wound up working for you. That dealer has great after sales service so even though it shouldn't have happened, at least it was sorted quickly.

You will have plenty of opportunity to get a nice yellow gold rep, don't give up if that is what you want, just try a different model.

Glad to see the rwg team was all over this issue.. They're a feisty bunch.

By the way, your politeness and patience are impressive- especially for someone new. Nothing worse than a new guy that thinks the world owes him something. Welcome, hope to see you around the forums. :)

Cyril_Clunge

Not a Rolex design, merely modded to give the appearance of a Rolex movement. Pretty pointless in a closed back watch particularly as the modding makes them less reliable.

baxter

Thanks again all. Hope this 3135 movement doesn't give me any trouble.

Crossbones - not my first rolex rep, have had many over the years - picked up on my travels but have given them all away to mates so its good to get a nice for me which i'm sure will be the first of many. The only other one i still have is a $10.00 explorer which i dug out the other day after it had been sitting in a drawer for at least 3 years - it still looks nice and keeps perfect time !!

Had a Gen sub for a few years and i have to say the feel of this one is pretty impressive - really nicely engineered.

Really wanting a prohunter daytona and milgauss next but am being slightly put of the daytona because of the movement issue - is there any way round this or is it best to just avoid ?

dingle

Thanks again all. Hope this 3135 movement doesn't give me any trouble.

Crossbones - not my first rolex rep, have had many over the years - picked up on my travels but have given them all away to mates so its good to get a nice for me which i'm sure will be the first of many. The only other one i still have is a $10.00 explorer which i dug out the other day after it had been sitting in a drawer for at least 3 years - it still looks nice and keeps perfect time !!

Had a Gen sub for a few years and i have to say the feel of this one is pretty impressive - really nicely engineered.

Really wanting a prohunter daytona and milgauss next but am being slightly put of the daytona because of the movement issue - is there any way round this or is it best to just avoid ?

get the older version daytona with seconds at 9 ;)

crossbones

get the older version daytona with seconds at 9 ;)

+1 The Vintage Panadas are soooooo damn good looking!

jeffw69

what's a Panada?

crossbones

what's a Panada?

Its a black and white bear native to China. However they can be found in Zoos all over the world. It is easily recognized by its large, distinctive black patches around the eyes, over the ears, and across its round body.

panda.jpg

However when referring to watches... a Panda dial is white or silver with black subdials. ;)

6265.jpg

jeffw69

but you said panada, not panda, hence my question. B)

crossbones

damn you Jeff!

:whiteflag:

dingle
:lol:

jeffw69

damn you Jeff!

:beer2:

kwatch

damn you Jeff!

:beer2:

This kinda banter is why i like this forum... Congrats to the OP on getting the issue resolved, nice watch..

baxter

amusing - i'll go for a panda

Akira

Baxter,

I just wanted to congratulate on the way you handled the situation.

For a new member - that was first class :clap:

Cheers

Akira

baxter

Baxter,

I just wanted to congratulate on the way you handled the situation.

For a new member - that was first class :clap:

Cheers

Akira

Thanks, the forum was invaluable, feel lucky to have found it.

trailboss99

Not a Rolex design, merely modded to give the appearance of a Rolex movement. Pretty pointless in a closed back watch particularly as the modding makes them less reliable.

Ah, no Cyril, the newer version is indeed a 3115 clone, even the hands/date move in the right direction during setting.

The early ones had a major stem issue (they break) but this has supposedly been fixed.

This is an entirely different MVT to the old "clone with new bridges" that was around a while back.