Sign in to follow this  
Frazzle

What happens when a watch becomes too precious to wear!

Frazzle

So my first Rep bought was my PAM 111 for beginners from Toro. Simce buying it I have only worn it 5 or 6 times. I never wear it to work for fear of damaging it. I don't do a manual labour job, and although I'm behind a desk sometimes I could not risk wearing it to work so that wipes 5 days use off it straight away. Then on the weekends I will only wear it when I can be sure I'm far enough away from my children that I can be sure they won't knock me, poke me or cause me to fall!

At present if I wear it once a week or once every two weeks I'm lucky.

Clearly being so precious about it I could never being myself to sell it as I love the bloody thing!

Am I alone in this problem?!?

dedafmonteur

Imagine if it was a real one...

midasmook

yes

Akira

If you fear damaging a $120 toy, then maybe you should get your priorities right and buy no watches at all.

Corv99

thats exactly the reason I don't get Gens ( apart from the price!)

although I do have a few I'm more careful with to be fair

NCRich

$100 watch is precious. Damn I best watch the groceries I bought today.

seclark007

Dude, you're gonna end up dead in your closet or something if you're not careful!

These watches we buy are MEANT to be worn...that's what makes us more realistic than the gen owners! FFS, friend, we have guys here that spend 4X the amount of money you did on a piece, only to put it in a bag of rocks and beat the shit out of it, IOT make it look like it's vintage...

Wear your watch....enjoy the living shit out of it every single day you choose to! You know that if something really, really, really, really serious happens, you can always get another...that's the beauty of reps....they're not $2K each!

You'll be fine...just masturbate, or drink or something....whatever, but relax...............and enjoy!

Cyril_Clunge

Why not ask for another free one and wear that instead?

dedafmonteur

Be honest guys.... the replica's of today do look very much real.

mrs1986

You'll be fine...just masturbate, or drink or something....whatever, but relax...............and enjoy!

:lmao:

Thats a good advice!

I own two gens, a Tissot V8 and an Orient Mako, the Tissot gets too little wrist time because i dont want to get it broken, the recently su-c i got, it gets all the time lol, its dirty cheap if it breaks

Frazzle
If you fear damaging a $120 toy, then maybe you should get your priorities right and buy no watches at all.

Interesting look on it, I fear damaging something I love and covet so much so maybe I should not buy it at all and save some heartache! I get it but at the same time don't! What should be my priorities be, I mean I'm only talking about my hobbie, and my troubles and strifes in relation to this hobbie. Geez you sound like my wife!

One thing is for sure, these watches may be cheap in comparison to a gen but for me they are certainly not toys.

They are more than a toy. Like the gens, they are things of beauty. Physically and mechanically. Yes some people may play around with them and modify them but I don't think that makes them a toy. To spend so much time on forums and to purchase so many variants surely suggests that these are not Toys but something completely different. Big boys toys, mmmm maybe to some.

I suppose like children whose main focus is their toys. Watches, cars and other interests are a version of adult toys that is if toys are something which brings focus, interest and enjoyment.

DEEP!

fatarms
You'll be fine...just masturbate

Watch on or off? This is important, I'm taking notes...

dingle

I got a 111 ultimate version.....original price was $300 or so......

I do all the honey dews with this thing........:D

dedafmonteur

off i guess....don't want to get it dirty!

conx

On - You've got to wind it somehow!

fatarms

Good call, water resistant is not the same as water proof.

fatarms

PAM 111's not an automatic, it's a manual wind. Unless you have some new masturbation trick I'm not aware of.... PM me.

Frazzle
Dude, you're gonna end up dead in your closet or something if you're not careful!

These watches we buy are MEANT to be worn...that's what makes us more realistic than the gen owners! FFS, friend, we have guys here that spend 4X the amount of money you did on a piece, only to put it in a bag of rocks and beat the shit out of it, IOT make it look like it's vintage...

Wear your watch....enjoy the living shit out of it every single day you choose to! You know that if something really, really, really, really serious happens, you can always get another...that's the beauty of reps....they're not $2K each!

Okay now this is the positive advice I'm looking for. Fuck it I've stripped naked wearing only wearing my Panerai let's all go streaking to the football pitch!

4dba1cdc.jpg

seclark007

That's why you should always have one DSN in your collection for "off days." Or as I like to refer to them as "...advanced sweedish techniques..."

dingle

PAM 111's not an automatic, it's a manual wind. Unless you have some new masturbation trick I'm not aware of.... PM me.

small weenie wind small crown methinks.....:yoda:

conx

Fair point - however I still vote for on.....

so I can time myself!

fatarms

Wanna race?

seclark007

so I can time myself!

:rofl:

dedafmonteur

Does the PAM 111 have a timer???

dingle

so I can time myself!

:rofl:

create your personal lume you can......:yoda: