Sign in to follow this  
Frazzle

What happens when a watch becomes too precious to wear!

fatarms

so I can time myself!

:rofl:

create your personal lume you can...... :yoda:

Reminds me of the Family Guy Red Bull episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMvUlAj6f1M

seclark007

so I can time myself!

lume or binder......?

dingle

so I can time myself!

lume or binder......?

depends on the setting time methinks.....:yoda:

jeffw69

so I can time myself!

lume or binder......?

depends on the setting time methinks..... :yoda:

RWG's finest! :lol:

vonGluberschmidt

back to original topic (I know I know... what fun is that...)

same story for the guy who owns a fine automobile..... garage queen or daily driver....

why buy something if you can't enjoy it.

wear it.

if something happens, consider it an opportunity to upgrade...

:)

seclark007

exactly my thoughts...as a matter of fact, you could bang the shit out of it and then sell it as vintage at another, less reputable site for much more money.....

(site names withheld to protect the feeble)

emmune

WTF Frazzle, wtf.

dingle

WTF Frazzle, wtf.

:lol:

g.man

Frazzle, you are clearly suffering from "1st Rep Syndrome." The only known cure is to buy more reps.

you know it makes sense

g.man

watchmonger

Frazzle, you are clearly suffering from "1st Rep Syndrome." The only known cure is to buy more reps.

you know it makes sense

g.man

+1

Dr Yan

The only cure is more watches.

buy more watches and get over it :D

Akira

One thing is for sure, these watches may be cheap in comparison to a gen but for me they are certainly not toys.

They are more than a toy. Like the gens, they are things of beauty.

Well, your view is not clear then.

Those watches are toys, they are cheap things you can "play" around and have fun with.

Similar to a toy, they are replaceable.

They beginners PAM is easily accessable and worth exactly what you paid for it.

It's not a collectable item!

I might understand if we were talking "rare rep with rare gen parts" or similar, but even then its silly and a stock rep for $100ish is a toy.

If you want to look at something pretty, go out and buy a painting for your dining room.

What l meant with getting priorities straight is:

If you can't afford risking to replace a $100 item, then you shouldn't buy it at all.

Del

I totally agree with you Frazzle. I never wear my reps for fear of damaging them either - that's why when I sell them on they are like brand new. I only put them on to take the odd photo for the wrist check thread then I put them back into the box again asap.

Aye, so a do ya daftie! :D

dalboy

So my first Rep bought was my PAM 111 for beginners from Toro. Simce buying it I have only worn it 5 or 6 times. I never wear it to work for fear of damaging it. I don't do a manual labour job, and although I'm behind a desk sometimes I could not risk wearing it to work so that wipes 5 days use off it straight away. Then on the weekends I will only wear it when I can be sure I'm far enough away from my children that I can be sure they won't knock me, poke me or cause me to fall!

At present if I wear it once a week or once every two weeks I'm lucky.

Clearly being so precious about it I could never being myself to sell it as I love the bloody thing!

Am I alone in this problem?!?

Frazzle. there is a simple solution to your dilema !!! sell it to me and let me worry about it, i will post weekly updates as to is condition and when its dead i will bury it and invite you to the wake.. :giggle:

fatarms

If you can't afford risking to replace a $100 item, then you shouldn't buy it at all.

Couldn't disagree with you more. To some people, the $100-$200 watches are all they can afford, and they buy it because they could never dream of affording a gen. Therefore, these reps hold as much meaning to them as a gen would to someone who could afford a gen. Everyone has their spending limits as well as their dreams. Even if they have the big names on them, these watches represent something that people want and depending on the value (both monetary and sentimental) someone puts on something, that's how they'll treat it. This goes for anything, not just watches.

DeLaForce

I can understand both sides of the discussion, but lifes to short to be so overprotective about a $100 rep.. Just wear the damn thing and enjoy it !

dingle

I can understand both sides of the discussion, but lifes to short to be so overprotective about a $100 rep.. Just wear the damn thing and enjoy it !

+1

:tease:

conx

The value you put on something is not necessarily related to its monetary worth. But I say wear it, let it tell the time and be proud wearing it ! Watches have a purpose and if they just sit in the watchbox they are not fullflling that purpose. Wearing a watch you love and are proud of will give a lot of pleasure.

Just my 0.02c worth !

onionbag

That PAM you mollycoddle is of course precious to you.

I understand, I stoated mine off the glass coffee table and scratched the bezel......briefly I thought FECK!!!!!

My next thought was, now where's that Cape Cod cloth?

Relax a bit mate, remember that the watch is supposed to bring you pleasure.

It achieves this by being worn and admired.

Member X

Couldn't disagree with you more. To some people, the $100-$200 watches are all they can afford, and they buy it because they could never dream of affording a gen. Therefore, these reps hold as much meaning to them as a gen would to someone who could afford a gen. Everyone has their spending limits as well as their dreams. Even if they have the big names on them, these watches represent something that people want and depending on the value (both monetary and sentimental) someone puts on something, that's how they'll treat it. This goes for anything, not just watches.

+1

$100 is a lot of money to some. Hell, I can't just splash that money on something to treat it as disposable! There's no shame in being on a budget - we all are, it's just the size that differs...

I treat all my watches as irreplaceable, even my 'beaters'! :D

DFH

Well said...

powderfreak

Are you fucking kidding me? First you want a free one, now you are afraid of damaging a 100$ watch?

DUDE, GET HELP!

Seriously, akira is totally right, that's more than ridiculous (tbh I first blieved you are trolling for fun, maybe you are...)!

If you care so much about it, buy either a 12$ F-91 W Casio or maybe the rep of it for 3$. Then you can go back to

your life, hug your children, bang your wife and wash the car without shitting your pants because of some scratches...

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edit:

:rofl: Well, as I said, there is a solution: Get what you can afford - a 12$ Casio might suit you both fine. Mind you,

in Afghanistan there are chaps who would be proud to own a real Casio.... :Whistle:

Luthier

$120 watch is precious???

I hope you're kidding.

James.

Fuck caring about getting it scratched, that'll just make it look more worn in and rustic.

On another note, check out Silix, he has some decent cheap beaters for daily use if your worried about $100 watch and save the PaM for the special occasions if that's what u wanna do