Sign in to follow this  
Frazzle

What happens when a watch becomes too precious to wear!

Trolex

I had to add to this thread as its blown completely out of context!

I have a Gen Seamaster, worth £1500 new.

http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=26745&hl=&fromsearch=1

you confuse me. You can afford nice things for yourself on your own, but would rather have other people give them to you instead? You beat the tar out of your gen Omega, but fear messing up a $125 watch? You say a thread is blown completely out of context, and rather than letting it go quietly into the night, you bump it?

Whatever works for you man. Just don't expect everybody to think you're rational. Maybe there is some meaning to your name, eh?

Frazzle

I get what your saying Trolex but I don't think it's as plain as you describe it.

I just don't take to all this confrontation.

I merely mentioned a the Seamaster as a contrast between a cheap rep and a gen to show that my feelings towards a particular watch weren't based on its cost as some seem to be referencing.

The gen stands me £250 and I purchased it almost 7 years ago when it was at least 3 years old then. Less than a lot have paid for some of the ultimate reps.

Anyway I understand that some of my post have clearly not endeared me to forum members. This was never my intention but as you point out could be a clear reason why some have formulated the opinions that have about me. Thankfully there are some who don't share those opinions.

If I'm honest I just want to enjoy this hobby. Chat to like minded people, learn a little more. I'm not here to troll, i don't think I'd know how to.

I understand there is an ability to ignore on the forum as some have mentioned they have already chosen to do with my comms. That's fair enough. All I'd say, if I'm irritating that much could people chose that function rather than attack me and my posts as that's really not why I'm here.

Trolex

Well, if you think people might find you irritating, then ask yourself why? Are you leaving out details? Are you being irritating? Are peoples' panties in a bunch? Could be a combination of any of those at any time - for any member.

Example: how the fuck were we supposed to know you spent 250 on a gen seamaster? that's a hell of a deal! but don't imply that you paid what it's worth, because that makes you seem even crazier for having Gollum syndrome over Toro's 111. Hell, I like leather straps because they're tougher to get damaged when desk diving. On a pam, all you need to do is buy another buckle for ~$10 and you're good as new.

Anyways, to answer your original question - no. You're not alone. I used to detail the underbody of a car that I kept in showroom condition 365.25 days a year (gotta account for that leap year). Got caught in rain with it, realized that the car didn't melt, and dealt with it... and went back to detailing the underbody and repolishing the exhaust, etc. why?? I don't really know. I just was/am still wired that way with some things, but can have complete disregard for others.

We all have our own quirks. We all have different ways of finding 'enjoyment' out of the things we buy/collect. But there is a point where if you can step back and say "what the hell am I doing?" then maybe re-evaluate it. Buy a second Toro111 if it means saving your mental health. Just have fun with this hobby, however it may be that you do that best. :beer2:

Akira

Frazzle, on this forum everyone is allowed to tell anyone to fuck off if he feels that way.

How you take it, is your problem.

There is no reason to avoid each other just for politeness reasons. We are all grown ups here and can deal with words.

As you can see, people were deeply offended by what I said...however it's the way I feel and I don't give if it doesn't fit their delusional worldview ;)

Col, slayed me for my comment, but yet has failed to properly reply to my post.

Does this prevent me from sleeping at night? No.

I have bigger worries than my reputation on an online replica watch forum.

I also have bigger worries than worrying about how many other people baby the death out of their $120 toys....ooops.... :footinmouth: